Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • anna1287
    anna1287 Posts: 9
    Options
    I've been a fat girl, obese really, my entire life. I'd never had a desire to do anything about it until recently. For about a month, I have been running in public every other day. I can only run about 1/2 a mile straight right now, but I can see improvement from the first few days when my legs hurt after just a few minutes of walking. At first I was a little embarassed about running in public, but then I figured other runners can imagine what it would be like to run with 150 extra pounds on them. They probably admire the effort rather than look at the situation negatively. I feel really proud when I am out there and I love it.
  • babykitty30
    Options
    I just joined this site last night :smile: I am loving it so far, especially now after reading this :smile: I love this:happy: I will always say to my sister in the car "good for them" when I see someone running :smile: I think it takes a lot of courage to run in front of the world/your town. It doesn't matter if they are walking or running, I think it is amazing to see someone exercising. I also tell my sister "I should be doing that!" I would like to be one of those people, but I hate running :cry: I have to be in the mood to run :cry: But after reading this, it gives me a feeling that anyone can get up and go, no matter what their weight is :happy: Kudos to the ones who are already out there running/exercising :flowerforyou:
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    TEARS rolling down my face, I love this. Thank you OP way to get me fired up to go to the gym on a Friday night!
  • kblank24
    kblank24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this great story! It and all the wonderful, inspiring posts to this message board make me feel like getting out there and trying to become a runner! :)
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • chimbleysweep
    Options
    This is abolutely wonderful... beautiful post.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Love it! Thanks for sharing with us!
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The blog post made me cry. To the OP - thank you for sharing. What a moving, beautiful thing to post. Ever since a drunk fraternity guy told me my freshman year of college that I was so fat and ugly that I should just kill myself and stop polluting the world, it has been a daily struggle to see any worth in this body.

Unfortunately, those words all those years ago didn't motivate me to lose weight. Instead they drove me into a very deep, dark depression where all I did was eat and cry and sleep. I've come a long way since then, but deep inside, I still truly believe that many people who see me out wogging (walking & jogging intervals) view me as fat and ugly. A daily struggle, for sure.

Fortunately, our YMCA's motto is "Healthy at Every Size" and they really cultivate an atmosphere of acceptance and kindness that has allowed me to go there for at least 5 workouts a week and not to feel self-conscious, for the most part.

Now that I am working with a male personal trainer who has me in the free weights area a lot, around the fittest of the fit, I am struggling to overcome those feelings of inferiority and self-consciousness all over again and during every workout. Each one I get through feels like a small personal victory, perhaps a "sc$ew you" to those fraternity guys who thought the world would be better with one less "FAT GIRL".
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    FREAKIN LOVE THIS!!!!!
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Seriously I would hug the person that wrote this and the person(people) that inspired her to write it! <3
  • Kendrawinn
    Kendrawinn Posts: 160
    Options
    :heart:
  • brandygirl74
    brandygirl74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is affirmation I needed! Thanks and Cheers to Fat Girl, to me, to us, to the power in every step! I am about to go run on that note, Thanks!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Literally....got....chill....bumps..... LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! I need her as a friend! Thank you so much for sharing!!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wow--made me cry too. Thanks for posting. :flowerforyou:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    :love: I love it!!!! Thank you for sharing :love:
  • MAEahnnn
    MAEahnnn Posts: 5
    Options
    Love, Love, Love this! Gives me that extra push :heart: