Feel like throwing up during your workout?

Options
colie46
colie46 Posts: 27 Member
I haven't "worked out" for 2 weeks, I was moving to another apartment, and just started again yesterday. I feel like I'm going to throw up about 15 minutes into the workout. Yesterday I ran for 20 minutes and cooled down for 5 then did leg strengthening. Today I did the eliptical for 20 with a 5 minute cool down and arm strengthening. Any advice?

Replies

• rebeccadoudak
    Options
    Did you make sure you ate some protein before hand? Your body needs something to draw its energy from.
  • colie46
    colie46 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had oatmeal and yogurt today before for breakfast. Yesterday I worked out in the afternoon and had lots of beans and brown rice. My diary is open.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I feel like that sometimes - i think its to do with not eating a little something beforehand or not drinking enough water
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    Did you make sure you ate some protein before hand? Your body needs something to draw its energy from.

Your body uses CHO for energy, then fat.
  • lacymemphis
    Options
    i dont know why it happens but it happens to me too. I thought it was just because i'm that out of shape lol (I'm not saying you are just I am) And my face gets bright red and stays that way for about 2 hours after.
  • kennacoconut
    kennacoconut Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This would happen to me too. I usually eat cereal with soy or almond milk for breakfast, and I bring a 2.2 liter water bottle with me to run. Furthermore, after working out I feel pretty sick for around a half an hour. It is terrible!
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, if I have eaten too soon before starting to exercise. Also sometimes if I'm pushing myself really, REALLY hard I'll feel sick. I am also a person who goes red like a beetroot and stays that way for a long time afterwards. I think it is because I'm so pasty?!? Anyway, I now know I need to have at least 1.5 hours between eating a full meal and exercising, or if I do a really early workout I know I can handle a banana or a piece of toast and not puke but I have to wait for my usual porridge until after I'm done.
  • ElleFerguson
    ElleFerguson Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This was happening to me during my most intense work-out of the week, boot camp. I talked to one of the most fit ladies I know about it because she does a similar class. She told me you have to eat more carbs before that exercise. I did it the first time by having a sub. Only felt nauseous twice during the work-out. Then, the next week I had pasta. (Only 1 cup or 1 1/2 cups.) I've been fine since then. On other days I can go back to reducing the carbs but of course still eating them. They can't be cut out completely.