Those of you who have done P90X! How do you log it?

Options
So today is my first day of p90x and I am curious to know how you all go about logging the exercise. I've noticed that a few people on here are able to track their exercise as the p90x videos, although there is nothing already in the database. That being said, I definitely don't mind logging the exercise and calories myself...however, how do you guys find out how many calories are burned per video?

Replies

• jenn6566
    jenn6566 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am currently doing P90X and Insanity and there are no defaults for those workouts on MFP at all - if you have a heart rate monitor that tracks that info, then just track it that way and enter it manually. I just watch my calories and know that I can have a little extra based on my workout that day but if I keep at my calorie goal of 1400 then it's just a bonus that I burned some of those off with my workout. hope that helps.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing P90X and Insanity and there are no defaults for those workouts on MFP at all - if you have a heart rate monitor that tracks that info, then just track it that way and enter it manually. I just watch my calories and know that I can have a little extra based on my workout that day but if I keep at my calorie goal of 1400 then it's just a bonus that I burned some of those off with my workout. hope that helps.

^^This is what I do. I just started my second round of P90X, and I have always logged my exercise manually with the help of my HRM.
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I do not have a HRM this is what I used .... http://p90xcalories.com/
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I log mine from past use of my HRM. That being said, I would safely say you can log each workout out as 400-600 calories from my experience.