Bottled water V Tap water

Options
<
I am the one in the black t-shirt :happy: I drink bottled water only Evian Natural Mineral Water to be exact. Would like to know which is better for you bottled or tap or are they both okay for you?:drinker:

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Would like to know which is better for you bottled or tap or are they both okay for you
    In the UK Coca Cola's dasani bottled water was made from tap water supplied by Thames Water. They had a problem with quality and tried to blame Thames, but it turned out that it was chemicals that Coca Cola were adding that caused the problem. The brand was withdrawn in the UK under a cloud.

Tap water is perfectly safe and functional. That's what it's for. It won't however improve your image as we've all got a tap.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Go tap. Buying bottled water is expensive and wasteful, in my opinion.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I only drink bottled water when I'm out and want water. Everywhere we've lived, tap water has been fine.

Many bottled waters come from tap water somewhere :)
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    In most areas of the United States, the purity regulations pertaining to tap water are more stringent than those for bottled.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I drink tap at home...bottled at work from our water cooler. I think tap is just as good as bottled. sometimes they add so much stuff to bottled water to make it taste good, that it isn't that good for you.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Tap water at home and work. Brita when at camp. Bottled if I'm out and forgot my Nalgene.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am fortunate to have access to a free, natural spring. The water is wonderful....its the only water I drink. I dont like the taste of tap water now....has too much of a metal taste to it. And you can see things floating in it where with the spring water there is NOTHING floating in it.

And, yes, its regularly tested because it a water source for the community my brother lives in.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I drink tap water, bottled water and filtered at home water. My preference is bottled water or filtered water. I hate the taste of "spring" water. Tap water is OK but it doesn't have the same taste that filtered water have and I tend to drink more of the filtered water. I have drank 20 glasses in a day because I was able to drink the filtered water so easily

Edit: btw, some of the most delicious and sweet tasting water is well water. Oh my I can drink it all day
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Tap all the way! It's free, and it's delicious.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I have a brita and I use it consistently throughout the day. When I go to my friends to workout, or I'm going to be away from the house and can't bring the brita with me I bring a couple bottled waters. So I always have a case of bottled water as back up. But I primarily use the brita to lessen the amount of garbage I'm producing.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I drink tap water, but do have a reverse osmosis system hooked up so the water is cleaner and less chemicals then bottled or regular tap water.
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    Several months ago a bought a case of water that I drink when I leave the house. However I save the bottles refill them and restock my fridge. So Bottled, then tap until the bottles need replaced. I buy a case of water maybe 3 times a year.
  • psychofantasy
    Options
    I drink Aquafina because its pretty much the only water I think tastes ok. Don't like Dasani. I can also drink Evian or Fiji, but they're expensive. Our tap water tastes really chlorine-y, and even with a brita still tastes off a little, though I can drink it that way.
  • kfhoffman12
    Options
    If you are really concerned, get Brita water filtered pitcher or bottles. They are awesome! I use them both because our tap water is not the greatest IMO. :)
  • amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Options
    Ok grab ur bottled water and look at where it says disolved solids or some say mineral salts, now 550 being the most legeally allowed and also the dirtiest... then have ur tap water tested most town offices do it free and see which is worse because every towns supply differs and every bottled brand differs i try to find water with under 300, and guess what..its cheaper.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    bottled when i go somewhere from the fridge filter at home. the tap water tastes funny here if not filtered
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I drink A LOT of bottled water. Poland Springs is my fave here in NY. Our tap water is pretty good, I just feel like it can have a chemical or chlorine smell sometimes. I have a Brita as well that I use when out of bottled water!
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    At home, I drink tap. Most places I go, I'll try the tap. I only drink bottled water if tap isn't an option (camping in the woods, etc.) or if the tap just tastes nasty:sick: , like it does in some places. But usually I'm an all-tap girl.:drinker:
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bottled. All the way. Tap water tastes nasty in Arizona. The water that comes out of our fountains at school isn't even clear, so I don't trust it.
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Tap water all the way for me!!! :) I sometimes feel bottled water makes me more thirsty...sure that can't be right but that's how it seems.