Plateau

Options
Hi MFP friends!

So, I have been on a massive plateau for about a week now and I really would like some advice on how you all got over your own.

I have been steaduly losing weight at a good rate for months now and I all of a sudden have stalled. I typically eat 1500 calories a day (to keep myself at a 1000 calorie deficit for 2lbs of weight loss a week) and I eat a pretty strict paleo diet (no dairy or grains).

So how do i get this weight to come off again? I excise daily... i usually walk 3 miles a day, i run a couple times a week (2-3x @ 2-3mi a piece) and I do plently of body weight exercise (daily abs and every other day puchups pullups and many other cross-fit type workouts). So let me know what has worked for you, thanks!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options
    Well first off a plateau is 6 weeks or more of no weight change while staying consistent on diet and exercise. Anything less is a stall.
    And it looks like you only have a little more to lose so 2lbs a week is too high for you now. Cut it back to about a half pound a week, which means you need to bump your calories up.
    And as you lose weight, your exercise gets easier (especially with bodyweight ones) because you're pushing/pulling less resistance. Probably time to hit some real iron to make changes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    massive plateau for about a week

No disrespect intended, but lol.

Be patient. Don't change anything yet.
  • JBHawaii
    JBHawaii Posts: 94