Fit and Fun Sized (those under 5'4") for June 2012

Options
jam0525
jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
Hello everyone,

This is a spot for all of us "shorties". Loosing weight is hard enough as it is, but when you are short there are extra issues, from the lower calorie count to the fact that some of us can't reach the exercise equipment in the gym to pull it down to get it started by ourselves.

Since many of us are in more than one forum or groups our rules are very loose. This group is for both men and women who are shorter in stature. We all try to check in with each other weekly, but post as often as you like.

So, how did you do for May? What are you plans for June?

Jeannie

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 pound in May, so I am starting off June UNDER 155 again! I did very good (all things considered) about exercising on a regular basis again. I did not do so well on logging all of my foods. Nor, did I read the posts as often as I'd like to.

For June I want to just get back to the basics of logging everything I eat everyday. It seems like calories mount up when you don't post them right away. I've had a few surprises when I've gone in the next day to finish posting dinner and snacks from the day before.

Tai Chi - I want to continue doing Tai Chi everyday to stretch and loosen up my joints and relax my shoulders. I hope to buy a Tai Chi ball today to help build strength.

Walking /stationary bike - I want to do one or the other for at least 30 minutes not including my morning break which is a 15 minute walk with co-workers. The "break" walk is more social than exercise. It is nice to chat with my co-workers.

Jeannie
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    May was a bit of a let-down for me. Despite eating fairly cleanly and exercising almost every day, I only lost 3lbs, when I was aiming for 5. However, one NSV I had is that I switched to running on the treadmill this month and I was able to run the whole 5kms. without walking right from the get-go.

For June, I'm aiming for 4lbs. which will put me at a mere 2lbs. above a healthy BMI and 3.5lbs away from my goal weight. For a NSV, I'm also striving to get under 30 minutes for my 5km. runs, which I do every second day. I'm also incorporating ab workouts into my routine because the belly fat just does NOT want to go away!
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2' and I'm not sure if I'm eating enough are maybe its too much. My daily calorie according to MFP is 1200 but I try not to go over 1400. I try to stay close to 1200 but by the afternoon I'm starving and I have hypoglycemia and I can feel my sugar dropping. Any suggestions, opinions??
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I more or less maintained, which is what I expected to do given my circumstances. Actually, I may have more consistently hit the 100.5 to 102 pound range, although I'd say the average was 102. When I started, I think my average was more 103/104. Given the number of calories I can eat and my activity level, I guess that's actually pretty good.
  • eal12_00
    eal12_00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The month of may was great...my goal for June is to do ab workouts everyday to get rid of my lower stomach...I am going to do this...I also want to hit my next goal weight...i will do it :)
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    another shorty here...I am working of phase one of P90X2 and will start phase 2 in a couple weeks. Looking to tone up :)
  • jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    one more here ( 5'1) I am trying to lose at least 20 pounds but finding it difficult but it will turn around I hope
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    5'0" - Would really like to lose at least 2 lb this month, despite exams >.<
  • a2902c
    a2902c Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm 5'3" with about 85lbs to lose. May wasn't great for me, but hopefully, I'll kick it into gear this month :)
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5", won't find out what I weigh currently until Sunday, as there's no scale at my house and I can only weigh myself at my grans. So not counting the last week, I lose 6lbs in May (:

Hoping to lose another 6 in June. I ideally~ want to lose 11lbs by July 20th when I go on vacation, but if I can eat least get down to the low 120s, I'll be happy enough (:
  • eal12_00
    eal12_00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    try and eat the most calories in the afternoon...let breakfast and morning snack be your smallest amounts...for instance i would eat oatmeal in the morning and blueberries for snack and then around 300 calories for lunch and so on...that way i do not get hungry in the afternoon plus then u eat afternoon snack and dinner and some eat a evening snack
  • bexx03
    bexx03 Posts: 32
    Options
    i'm 5' 2.5" :).
    In may I reached my first GW of 119lbs
    In June I want to reach my second GW of 115lbs.
    I also have my 21st and a holiday at the end of June so I'm going to have to be careful but also not too harsh on myself.
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies..
    I am 5'2 and weigh 136...A few years ago i weighed 220 and at 5'2 that was a lot of me. The bad thing is i carry all my weight from my hips down. I am a 32 A bra size.

I try and keep my calories under 1300. I am also doing Weight Watchers. I made Lifetime with them i 2009..i am trying to get back down to my goal weight of 125.

It is so nice to meet all of you :)
  • blessingsx2
    blessingsx2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and for June I would love to get out of the 130's. Right now I'm 132.5 and have been stuck there for awhile. I have 1 more day left of Level 2 of RI30. I'm not too sure what I'm going to do after I finish that dvd.
  • auntkk28
    auntkk28 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and lost 2 pounds in May, the weight is coming off more slowly now that I'm getting closer to my goal weight. Right now my goal is to get down to 127 (currently 138). This month I'd like to start jogging and hopefully loose more than last month:) I lost a total of 72 pounds since Jan. 2011.
  • beraggled
    beraggled Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm 5'1 my goal is to get under 100kgs.Sorry dont work in pounds.Have already lost 5kg so got to lose 1.4kg to be under.Thats short term goal as for long term goal i haven't set one.Have always struggled with my weight the lightest i can remember being as a adult is 82kgs. This is my first week doing mfp and i'm finding it really good.Hearing everybodies stories is really motivational.
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" with a SW of 145, my first goal of 130 was reached the last day of May :smile: my next mini goal is to reach 125 and depending on how I feel an UGW of 120. I'd like to lose those 5 pounds during June but I'm not getting my hopes up because I am going away for a weekend with lots of eating and drinking!

Good luck to everyone on their June goals!
  • Shawn8216
    Shawn8216 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    May was a bit of a let down for me since I rarely got to the gym because I was sick and then made excuses :embarassed: BUT with JUNE, I plan on going to the gym at least 3-4 times a week or getting some type of workout in. I eat about 1356-1450 cals a day even w.o exercise since I'm trying the whole eat more, weigh less thing. Hope it works :smile:

I'm 5'2 & 1/2 and around 123 pounds SO my goal weight is about 112 so I'm hoping by the end of June, I'll be around 118 with a loss of 5 pounds.

Am I the only one who thinks it kinda stinks being short and having extra weight?! It stinks, but I'm looking into this month as a way to improve my PHYSICAL self and my MENTAL opinion about my body so heres to hoping it works out!!

Good luck to everyone :happy:
  • Shawn8216
    Shawn8216 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i'm 5' 2.5" :).
    In may I reached my first GW of 119lbs
    In June I want to reach my second GW of 115lbs.
    I also have my 21st and a holiday at the end of June so I'm going to have to be careful but also not too harsh on myself.

Same goals girly!! I have weddings this summer and I'm soo worried about the fun festivities that I'm trying to remember to HAVE FUN at them haha .. enjoy your birthday :)
  • TXRobinD
    TXRobinD Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2' and about 4 months into this adventure. (SW 178; CW 160; GW 130) I have a spread sheet that averages all of my info for the month (calories in, exercise calories, net calories) so on average I eat about 1600, exercise 250 per day, so I NET about 1350 and am losing 3/4# per month. I hope for June I can lose at least 5# before our July vacation. I am changing up my workout to heavy weight lifting so I am excited to see how that goes.