Results I can actually see in a belt.

Options
Slow weight loss is not something that is very noticeable except for on the scale. A few months ago, I had to buy a new belt, because in an attempt to cut a new hole in my old one, I cut it right in half. So this new belt I have is the double hole kind and the entire belt is made of the these double holes. (it's 2 vertical holes with the 2 prongs). So when I bought the belt, it is a size 26, I could only fit it to the 2nd notch. Over the months, I've noticed that I've had to tighten it. First to the 3rd notch, then the 4th, now I'm on the 5th. This morning when I got dressed, I tightened my belt like I always do, without really noticing. I realized it felt a little tighter than usual so I was a little upset at first, but then I noticed that I was on the 6th notch! So without even thinking about it, I was able to tighten it that far, however, it didn't feel as comfortable as the 5th one. The 5th notch used to feel that way. I can't wait til I can get even further!

So that's my belt story. Just thought I'd share it with anyone who feels like reading it! Have a great day and keep tightening those belts!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Good story!!!!

Way to go!!

Memaw
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    that's so awesome! it's nice to have something that you can really see the results of your efforts. keep up the good work! hopefully you'll have to buy a new belt again because this one will have to much belt hangover to wear. :bigsmile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I just now what you mean sweetie, Isnt it great I also have a double prong belt, Im in Large now never pay much attention to prongs, But I came all the way from 2xl belts so I know the feeling
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    great story! :flowerforyou: i have a belt that i used to wear all the time that I havent been able to wear in forever. cant wait until i am confident enough to put it on. :bigsmile:
  • stormdragon777
    Options
    NOIIIIICE!!!
  • ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
    All my belts were small on me, now I have had to make 2 new holes. Awesome how good something so small can make u feel huh?
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats.
    I'm also ready to make my 2nd new hole in my belt.

P.S. Easy way to make a new hole, use a cordless drill with small bit, if one is available.
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    My belt is about the only place I can see my progress.
    My friends and family tell me I look great, but I see myself all day everyday, and I'm still in pretty much the same size, which was discouraging until I put on the same belt I've been wearing for a few years.

The first couple of holes were worn and frayed from where I was bigger for so long. Now I can go to about the 4th or 5th notches on it, it feels good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!