What do you wear to the pool at the GYM?

Options
2»

Replies

• rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Wear the skimpiest bikini you can find. We promise not to stare.

Regards,
    The creepy guys at the gym.

Seriously, wear whatever works best for you. I'm pretty sure there's not a dress code other than "don't show up naked."
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    It only matters to yourself. Wear a shirt and shorts for all I care. Just nail that workout
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I don't think a bikini is appropriate if there is no sun. Go with anything one piece or even a tankini. Had to find a "modest" one piece for my overly developed daughter to take to church camp. Wal-Mart had some decent quality suits for around $15. I was totally surprised.

Its not appropriate? Why not? I think I call bull**** on that one.

Not at all. My point is you are there to exercise not to get a tan. Being a man, you probably don't jump in and then have to twist and adjust your suit before surfacing. It's a real time waster.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I bought my Nike racing suit at Academy for like $20. I love it. That's what I wear to the pool at the gym.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard of a tankini before, they look nice
    I wear one piece and a short sleeved rash vest.

we also have muslim women in neck to knees at my gym/pool. they are quite stylish.
  • lovesweetlove
    Options
    I used to swim competitively and let me tell you a bikini is not appropriate in the sense that you'll have a wedge and could 'pop' out anytime if you plan on doing lap-swimming, ect. I just wear a one piece. Not like a racing suit, but speedo and nike make work-out suits that are a racerback style. Wear whatever is comfortable I say.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    costco has nice inexpensive swimsuits that cover it all and stay on.. on another note I've seen just about all types of swimwear at our gym. I personally wear a costco speedo it was under 30.00
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i wear a racing style swimsuit. it's only $35 at swimoutlet.com i think the brand is called sporti.