What are 'free" foods?

Options
I am new to MFP and I have notice a lot of posts talking about "free" foods. What are they?

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and I have notice a lot of posts talking about "free" foods. What are they?

I've been with MFP and have NEVER heard of free foods, other than people who were on Weight Watchers, because I guess THEY had them.
    I think pretty much everything has calories. :grumble: :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,035 Member
    Options
    In regards to what are they referring to when they say "Free". Can you give us an example? I haven't seen that anywhere...

Only free food I know is when someone else is buying.....:wink:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

I've been with MFP and have NEVER heard of free foods, other than people who were on Weight Watchers, because I guess THEY had them.
    I think pretty much everything has calories. :grumble: :smile:

Oops, meant to say I've been with MFP for well over a year! :embarassed:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I log everything, nothing is free. Admittedly, there are some things that are very low in calories, but still... not free.

I think weight watchers has the free foods idea. Their cabbage soup recipe was considered a free food. Certain vegetables were considered free...

Only free food I know is when someone else is buying.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    they might be referring "negative calorie" foods, eg celery (I don't buy into that myself), or other veg that are very low calories--not really sure though
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Free food is a term that refers to a food like celery or green beans that are very low in calories so it takes your body more calories to process the food than is actually in the food... so it is a 'free' food....
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    on WW stuff that is "0" points is considered free, like a cup of cucumbers is 0 points so free [as it's only like 16 cal] or say 10 baby carrots is 0 points so is free, but if you have more then one serving of those carrots, then it becomes 1 or more points it's no longer "free" so it depends what you're eating and how much of it,

but with cal counting everything is counted yes i even log my half cup of cucs at 8 calories :tongue:

PG:flowerforyou:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Shucks..........

I thought we be talking about tasting samples at places like Costco?!!! :laugh:

A few little bites can be free, right???????? :drinker: :noway: :love:
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Even plain black coffee has calories! Nothing is free!!
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    Options
    Even plain black coffee has calories! Nothing is free!!

And a piece of gum has 5 calories! :angry:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,035 Member
    Options
    Shucks..........

I thought we be talking about tasting samples at places like Costco?!!! :laugh:

A few little bites can be free, right???????? :drinker: :noway: :love:

yup. Anything eaten standing up is 'free'. :tongue: :noway: