healty low cal snacks?

bostongirl987
bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
what are some healthy low calorie snacks i can eat at work? i want to keep eating to keep up my metabolism and not be starving when dinner time comes around!

Replies

• Italian
    Italian Posts: 36 Member
    any fruit or vegtables :)
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    baby carrots, I would say 100 calorie snacks but I just heard that they are not all that good for you :grumble: I love fresh beans right from the garden and just love to snack on them.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Quaker Bites 90 calories per package
    Baby Carrots and Hummus

That's what I eat.
  • ambboogie
    ambboogie Posts: 4
    Actually many snacks are low calorie and healthy if you eat ONE serving.

Try ziploc bagging up snacks that you love that aren't fatty.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member

that is the key - such as dried fruit or a trail mix, just NEVER bring the whole bag to work, I know if I do it disappears far too quickly. and I have to hide it from myself at home.
  • Don't know if you have a Trader Joe's where you live but my favorite snack is a couple peeled carrots dipped in Trader Joe's Spicy Fat Free black bean dip. It is really a filling and tasty dip and it's 30 calories for 2 tablespoons (just enough dip for two regular sized carrots). It's also good with cucumber, celery, or on a spread on a baked tortilla.

Another favorite is air popped popcorn
  • ambboogie
    ambboogie Posts: 4

that is the key - such as dried fruit or a trail mix, just NEVER bring the whole bag to work, I know if I do it disappears far too quickly. and I have to hide it from myself at home.

I learned the hard way!
    I thought I was doing good by getting a bag of trail mix. I'd go to work and eat it. then look at the calorie count + servings and I consumed approx 600 calories!!!!

I began ziploc bagging 1 serving and i've been doing well so far.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    cucumber.... yummmmm
This discussion has been closed.