Ladies....shaving question

Options
JoolieW68
JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
Ok, not sure where this question fits, so figured this was the best spot.

For you ladies who have lost a lot of weight (and I suppose guys, too, if this is your thing)......

Back when I weighed more it was much easier to shave my armpits because, well, there was more skin so they 'stuck out' more (for lack of a better technical term).

Now that I've lost a lot of weight, they are sort of concave and I have a devil of a time shaving now without cutting myself.

What are you ladies doing - are you able to shave, or have you just said screw it and started waxing (which sounds very painful).

Yes, this is a serious question.... but I'm sure it could be fun, too :smile:

Replies

• kuhayetee
    kuhayetee Posts: 41
    Options
    ugh yes! it's a pain, i have to shave my armpits a lot more often now! :( however it's a lot more convenient then waxing.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Now that I've lost a lot of weight, they are sort of concave and I have a devil of a time shaving now without cutting myself.

What are you ladies doing - are you able to shave, or have you just said screw it and started waxing (which sounds very painful).

I thought it was just me! Glad to know I'm not the only one... will be interested to hear what others have to say about this.
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    I'm having the SAME problem with my legs!:O Lean ladies got it hard!
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I shave just because it takes 2 secs, but waxing isn't as painful as you think and lasts longer.
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Only thing I can think of it to pull your arm further back to open up the shoulder and (hopefully) make your armpit less concave for shaving. Otherwise there's the small bikini razors, about half the size of a standard one, that might be able to do the job better :)
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i find that i look like i have more hair too because it is not spaced out as much as when i was heavier :grumble:

In the summer i wax because i wear a lot of tank tops and the like. the past couple of months i shaved. i pulled the skin tight with one hand and shaved with the other and that stopped knicks. I found it was okay until i tried to put on deordorant- then it stings....this is new to being thinner.
  • IUGB
    IUGB Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I break it into three sections. The top half and the bottom half is divided in two.

I'm also a fan of waxing in the summer :)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I put my arm up over my head and back a bit - flattens the area out. I also use conditioner for shaving - better than shave cream HANDS DOWN. Helps you see what you're doing and softens the skin. (Use it for my legs too)

Note: probably don't want a conditioner that adds body or promotes hair growth LMAO
  • stlbluesangel
    stlbluesangel Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Razor burn is the worst for me and I have such sensitive skin I haven't found a single shave gel/cream that doesn't iritate my skin.
    I use baby oil for shaving all area's and LOVE IT.
  • mariposa72004
    mariposa72004 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Note: probably don't want a conditioner that adds body or promotes hair growth LMAO

LOL! I wish I had the problem I still have fat underarms! But not for long! :)
  • lacymemphis
    Options
    I use lotion. The store brand usually. Then use it after shaving. I feel I get more for my $ if products have more than one use.
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a couple times now that I'm not quite shaving all the hairs on the sides of my knee caps. They're so defined and kind of knobby now! SO much easier to knick them and bleed too.

This is like a non-scale non-victory :grumble:
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    My best advise would be to get them lasered. It only takes a few visits and the hair never grows back and if it does it is very fine.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I found it was my deodorant that caused ingrown hairs and made it harder to shave. I switched to Adidas (cotton tech) which is very had to find. Now I use TOM's and I try anything that does not contain aluminum or zinc which takes out all anti-perspirats. Luckily I'm not a wet sweaty person. No more stains on my shirts and better feeling armpits.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My best advise would be to get them lasered. It only takes a few visits and the hair never grows back and if it does it is very fine.

Yes!! I have a few treatments left on my underarms and even though I'm not done with treatments, I can go like a week without shaving, and even when it does grow in it's SUPER fine. It's so awesome!

It was expensive, but once I'm done I'll never have to shave again---next up is the bikini area because I'm very satisfied with my results so far!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Yes - I have recently discovered shaving behind my knee its more concave back there than it used to be and I continually cut myself!!!

Hazards to being thinner than before - but I will still take it!!!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Mach 4 mens razor. I have the same problem and this razor gets em smooth!
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I use shaving cream and those Bic shavers! They work really well! They are multicolored in a pack at Walmart!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    It's not really a big deal for me. I've reached my goal weight but I guess I store fat under my arms (lol?) because mine aren't concave. When I shave I hold my arms straight up though and it takes 2 seconds. I do it everyday but can't complain.
    Now my legs on the other hand...
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Yes - I have recently discovered shaving behind my knee its more concave back there than it used to be and I continually cut myself!!!

Hazards to being thinner than before - but I will still take it!!!
    Me too! I either cut up my knees or miss completely and have little mohawks of hair!