Awww, bummer

busymom74
busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I just had a customer come in (he comes in every week.) and he looked at me and I waited with bated breath. This was it someone was going to notice my weight-loss.
He looked up and said: "Have you been GAINING weight? You used to be so skinny." CRUSHED. :cry: :huh: :angry: :grumble:

*Sigh. I took it pretty well. I told him I used to be skinny but he used to have hair too. lol

One day it will be obvious that I'm getting SMALLER.

Replies

• heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    what a LOSER! :mad:

i was at work about a year or so ago. a guy who owns an italian restaurant i used to go to was there. he said "i havent seen you in long time!" i said "i know, good to see you!" he said "WHY YOU GET SO FAT? YOU USED TO LOOK GOOD AND NOW YOU ARE SO BIG". I said "it happens to the best of us i guess" and walked away.

too bad there wasnt a rock to crawl under because i would have!

so, when i lose the extra, i HOPE i "happen" to run into him so i can tell him to go fly a kite, except in the non-G rated terms. :smokin:
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Thats crazy - how can people lack that kind of social skill?!?

I can't even imagine walking up to someone and point out a flaw or just say something mean to make conversation....

Thats really odd and crappy. Sorry that happened to you.

Keep your head up girl!!!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Some people just have some nerve!! How could you say anything like that to anyone?? Whatever happened to "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"????
    That was just harsh.
    I am so sorry that happened to you. You are doing great and before you know it you will be getting compliments left and right. Don't give up!!

Memaw
  • jenj1983
    jenj1983 Posts: 30
    What a jerk! I can't believe that he said that to you! Keep up the hard work and don't let him get you down.
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    i had my aunt say that to me once. (shes not technically my aunt, but my aunts ex husbands ex gf... confusing i know:laugh: )

either way... WHO DOES THAT!? its just downright rude! i wanted to say "oh really? well.. you're still ugly and havent changed a bit!" :angry:

its weird tho, because some people dont like to ask if you've LOST weight, because they dont want you to think that they thought you were fat before.

i personally LOVE hearing "have you lost weight?" :drinker:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    P.S.
    I looked at your pictures and you can see the difference in your face!!
  • busymom74
    Well, to be a little fair he doesn't speak english too well so his social skills are not the best. (I just try to get him to pay his bill every month, oy.) But he still meant it. lol that's what hurt. I know I'll be fine but it's taking everything in me not to stop at the DQ on the way home for a turtle sundae and some cookies.
  • busymom74
    Thanks Memaw! I needed that!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    :indifferent: I'm sorry - that is a TERRIBLE feeling. People just dont' think before they say something. Even if you HAD gained 25lbs, WHY would anybody ever find it appropriate to tell you??:angry: The week I came back from maternity leave with my son, one of my customers said "when are you due?" WHAT??? I just kind of hung my head & said :cry: "he was born 6 weeks ago" Then again last year when I wasn't pregnant, another customer asked if I knew "what I was having" :explode: If I don't have my done button popping out with a pink shirt on that says "bun in oven" DONT ASK! :noway:
  • heather0mc
    Well, to be a little fair he doesn't speak english too well so his social skills are not the best. (I just try to get him to pay his bill every month, oy.) But he still meant it. lol that's what hurt. I know I'll be fine but it's taking everything in me not to stop at the DQ on the way home for a turtle sundae and some cookies.

dont let him get under your skin woman! you are better than that! :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    Well, to be a little fair he doesn't speak english too well so his social skills are not the best.

fyi, same thing with mine, but still!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    don't even let this persons words invade your motivation!!!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    I can definitely see the difference in your face, too!
    Your daughter is adorable.

I'm so sorry this happened to you! It hurts so badly when someone says things like that...I still remember people calling me fat when I was 7.

We'll show everyone though!! Hang in there. :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    He must be growing catarats due to old age , I can definately see the diffrence in your face sweetit, Dont worry when I reached my 30th lb weight loss thats when the compliments started rolling,,,,I hearv it daily I get tired of it but hey that comes with the territrory:flowerforyou:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    I know how you all feel! A few months ago a family friend died. My husband's best friend's brother, they had been friends since highschool. Well my DH and I are highschool sweethearts, so I grew up around this fmaily too, anywho, we where all over at the family's house when another one of the "moms" of us highschool kids, whom I haven't seen since I was like 16 says, "Boy Sara! I remember when you were sooooooooo skinny! I didn't recognize you! You are about double in size!" I said yeah it happens I've had a couple of kids since then and don't do sports like I used to in highschool. I know it's not a good excuse for me getting this big other people have had 6-7-8-9-10 kids and are in better shape than in hs, but sheesh didn't her mom ever tell her if she doesn't have anything nice to say............
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    I agree with everyone. Your pictures show the great progress you have made!
  • busymom74
    Oh man, When my fiance and I went over to his parents to tell them we were engaged. I started with: "We have some great news..." to which his mother replied: "You're pregnant again! I told you she was pregnant! Oh, I'm so excited!" Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaa, I guess they had been debating with eachother as to weather I was pregnant or just fat.

Thanks NykkieZ. She looks so much like her daddy I'm tempted to demand a maternity test to make sure she's mine. :laugh: :laugh:

This is why I love this site! I KNOW I can drive right by that DQ and go to the gym, I just need the encouragement I get from this site! Thanks to everyone!!
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Too bad there are such RUDE people in this world! I have ran into old classmates from Highschool and some have said, gosh girl how many kids have you had, you have gotten sooo big! I haven't had ANY! even if I had though that's still so RUDE!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Oh man, When my fiance and I went over to his parents to tell them we were engaged. I started with: "We have some great news..." to which his mother replied: "You're pregnant again! I told you she was pregnant! Oh, I'm so excited!" Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaa, I guess they had been debating with eachother as to weather I was pregnant or just fat.

Thanks NykkieZ. She looks so much like her daddy I'm tempted to demand a maternity test to make sure she's mine. :laugh: :laugh:

This is why I love this site! I KNOW I can drive right by that DQ and go to the gym, I just need the encouragement I get from this site! Thanks to everyone!!
    GYM! GYM! YEAH YOU CAN GET THERE! DQ is Nasty! Just think of those grubby teens that spit in food and don't wash their hands after the baño!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    what a LOSER! :mad:

i was at work about a year or so ago. a guy who owns an italian restaurant i used to go to was there. he said "i havent seen you in long time!" i said "i know, good to see you!" he said "WHY YOU GET SO FAT? YOU USED TO LOOK GOOD AND NOW YOU ARE SO BIG". I said "it happens to the best of us i guess" and walked away.

Why would someone who owns an italian restaurant who WANTS your patronage say that to ANYONE!????? OMG People do not think.

I can't wait to shed the pounds as well to hear some NICE things said
This discussion has been closed.