ALCOHOL

Options
Hi, so i'm going out tonight and miller lite and my gut have decided to end their relationship. So I was looking up margarita's. We're going to chili's. I tracked a couple drinks to see what would cause the less harm. Is an el nino margarita REALLY 540 calories and 540 carbs!?!? those are crazy delicious and it made my heart sink a little.

Are any of you guys drinkers? What do you drink when you go out?

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Water ;)
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Vodka shots. Or if you don't like the taste, vodka shots in a diet 7 up or something.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Beer, and not miller light usually.
  • cettasf
    cettasf Posts: 1
    Options
    vodka soda with a splash of pineapple juice
  • 2strapscool
    Options
    Water ;)

BOO!
  • 2strapscool
    Options
    vodka soda with a splash of pineapple juice

that sounds delicious. i'm gonna track to see how many calories it has.
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Clear booze is a safe call for the most part. I'm going out tonight and will be sipping on clear rum and diet soda.
  • gendoll
    gendoll Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I switched to Bud Select 55 but my normal drink of choice was Bud Light. I've also tried the skinny margaritas since they aren't as bad as the reg. ones.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    We made some drinks a few nights ago and they were delicious... vodka, crystal light lemonade, and some club soda. More for staying at home than going out though, as I don't think you can order crystal light at a bar :)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Beer. Real beer. Life is too short to drink crap/light beer.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Ask the waitperson where you are going. A lot of places serve "Skinny" drinks. Where the mixers are made with artificial sweeteners or diet soda, so it doesn't hurt the calorie count as badly.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I usually just drink straight vodka because I'm notoriously unclassy that way :')
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Vodka and sugar free red bull, or straight tequila (has to be good tequila to sip... I like corzo anejo and don Julio 1942, although the latter usually runs $20 per ounce, so I drink that one at home :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    If I'm at home, and capable of exercising moderation, red wine. If I'm out, I'm usually more interested in the effect of the alcohol than deliciousness, so spirit + low calorie mixer (eg. vodka + diet coke, gin + slimline tonic).
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Beer. Real beer. Life is too short to drink crap/light beer.

Exactly!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Yes, most margaritas are terrible for you. Triple sec is a big one. We've found that Jimador tequila (probably even more so with their clear tequila) is pretty comparable to a shot of vodka. Then you have store-bought margarita mix...

Bars don't always stock some of the low-cal options I'm going to suggest. We often make these at home. A twist of lime improves most non-flavored low-cal mixers.

Anyway, here are the drinks (for vodka, I think Absolut is one of the lowest cal options):

Gin + diet tonic + lime or lemon wedge

Vodka + club soda + lime

Clear bacardi + diet coke (+lime?)

Coors light or Michelob ultra light (really not that bad, and that's coming from a fairly serious beer drinker...doesn't matter as much if you're just going for effect)

One of our most awesome recent creations is the low cal cape codder

Vodka + Langers no sugar added cranberry (30 cals / 8 oz) + club soda + lime wedge
    Basically, fill glass with ice, add shot o' vodka, the rest of the empty space gets half club soda and half juice...no more than 4 oz (if you have a huge glass), which gives you 15 juice cals in addition to the vodka. You'll be sucking 'em back faster than you can handle...
  • melissa_leah
    melissa_leah Posts: 107
    Options
    wine >:)
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Just don't drink....problem solved.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    jamison or crown, double, straight on the rocks. Its worth it....but only have one drink