Donut Watch!

Options
barbarella
barbarella Posts: 609 Member
Following up from yesterday about apples & chocolate on "Lame-o Co-workers".
It's under "Success Stories".... I guess because it related to my success on losing
weight while in the daily company of candy, donuts & people who have no clue.

TODAY it's about Donuts! :happy:

A vendor brought in a dozen from VooDoo Donuts, a Portland wonder!
http://voodoodoughnut.com/

14 people here today! 8.5 donuts gone in less than an hour! :drinker:

I don't eat no stinkin' donuts. I had a scone instead! :laugh: :bigsmile:

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    OMG I hate donuts.. and that is because I saw some donuts about oh over a month after still in the box and they looked exactly the same! I thought wow what is in them that makes them stay like that and I picked one up and it has this nasty gew on it, since then I haven't touched one! My roomates bought that box by the way lol Good job on not eating them!

~Leash :heart:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    O and my tan is just like yours... dark arms and legs and no tan on the stomach! lol No offense :happy:

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Was there a maple bacon donut?? Wahhhhhhh:love:
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Well I"m a teacher and I am going to start work soon. For three days straight, during teacher work days they feed us donuts needless to say I don't even START eating them and they are my favorite.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Well, it's hasn't been donuts around here but this week there has been cake, sandwich trays and cookies. I have walked right past them and not so much as sniffed them. Yay!!!!! I did look at the calorie count on the cookies. 1 cookie = 160 calories = NO THANK YOU!!!!!

Memaw

p.s.
    My arms, back, neck and legs are all tan, stomach not so much!!! ha ha ha
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    O and my tan is just like yours... dark arms and legs and no tan on the stomach! lol No offense :happy:

at least you tan. i'm snow white no matter what. :grumble:

even if i burn, it doesnt turn into a tan.. within a few days, i'm transparent again.

but, hey! i wont get skin cancer from tanning. :drinker:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    My curiosity is killing me, have you used any of the one liners yet today? You simply must keep us updated on that!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I'm so proud of you Sista:wink::heart:
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    Today is cake day at work!! I'm in a warehouse (with a bunch of guys) but our main office is across the parking lot. Well they announce the "celebration day, cake is in the lunch room" so of course the guys ask me to get some pieces. I did, but.... I DIDN'T GET ONE FOR MYSELF!!! I am VERY proud of myself!! One more thing.... I didn't even lick the bit of icing off that got on my fingers :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I really wanted to though :ohwell: LOL
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    My stomach hasn't see the direct sun light since the summer of 1999! :laugh:

Great job passing on the donuts!!!! :smile: It's so going to be worth it!!
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Donuts. I've never been a big fan of them. They are one of the worst things you could eat. Deep fried fat and sugar.

I'll have 2 or 3 a year if that, and those are usually in instances when myself and a few friends have gotten wasted at my house and walked up to the Krispy Kreme (i live like 3 blocks away from it).

I always think of donuts being the equivalent to brick of heroin with crack sprinkled on top of it. Haha. They're soo bad for you!

Your coworkers are really setting themselves up for disaster in the long run. You keep it up lady!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    OMG you had a scone? That was ALMOST as bad as a donut, you kook!! :laugh: :laugh: I love ya, though!!! I love Scones even MORE, and HOPEFULLY, yours was a LOW FAT one! I bought a scone the other day and looked up the cal count, and CRIED like a BABY!!!!!! I ate half and threw the other half OUT, cuz LIKE HE// was I gonna eat 10gs of FAT and 280 cals!

BUT
    btw, you LOOK INCREDIBLE!!! And that RED DRESS??? OOO la la....
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Ha, Ha!!!! You guyz are hilarious! :laugh:
    I love this website... Keeps me laughing while I spy on the "Donut Brigade".

Thanks for noticing my annual "Oregon Arm Tan"!!! :glasses:
    Sheeeesh........ No mercy from this crowd! :love: :laugh:

I know scones are probably no better than donuts, but I love 'em!
    And a girl's gotta have a treat once in awhile eh?
    Besides...... donuts just sit in my gut for days and feel like cement...... :sick:

No chance to use any of your great zingers yet!
    The apple/chocolate person is out sick today... go figure. :wink: