Loose Skin

Meags23
Meags23 Posts: 98
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, I don't know if this has been talked about or not, but I started at the beginning of June, and although I've lost lots of inches, my weight is basically the same. Also, my skin is getting loose and not tightening. I started at 142lbs, I'm 5'5 so I wasn't very heavy when I started, but now I'm 136ish and I see changes, but with loose skin. Does anyone know if this will change, or is there something I can do to help the tightening along...?

Thanks!!!!

Replies

• halfacerk
    halfacerk Posts: 41
    Ugh!! i have the same problem i lost 50 in the last year and probably have about 10lbs of lose skin ive tried weights and creams nothing seems to work!!! i hope we get some good ideas here cause other than surgery i dont know what to do:sad:
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    I also have this problem especially left over from pregnancies. PLUS stretch marks. I have a feeling plastic surgery is the only option but if any one knows of an easier, less costly solution, please share!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    Have no ideas, but would love to hear them as well. I have loose skin from my twin pregnancy. I want it to go away.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Exercise and Time

As far as stretch marks they NEVER go away
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Here is an enlightening web site, complete with article.

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    A lot depends on your health and age but yes, your skin will firm up. Generally there's a good deal of lag time between losing weight and your skin catching up to your new body. I've noticed a trend. First I'll lose weight and the skin will get loose then I'll stop losing weight but things everything seems to tighten up after a while, then the whole cycle starts again.

You do have to be realistic though. You may never look like a model thin smooth skin teenager again. It's like laugh lines, a slightly lived-in" body has character and is evidence of a fully lived life.

:smile:
  • mrsparker
    mrsparker Posts: 12
    A lot depends on your health and age but yes, your skin will firm up. Generally there's a good deal of lag time between losing weight and your skin catching up to your new body. I've noticed a trend. First I'll lose weight and the skin will get loose then I'll stop losing weight but things everything seems to tighten up after a while, then the whole cycle starts again.

You do have to be realistic though. You may never look like a model thin smooth skin teenager again. It's like laugh lines, a slightly lived-in" body has character and is evidence of a fully lived life.

:smile:
    Well put! What about the skin apron around your waist?:happy:
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98

Awesome, great article. I guess I'll have to start up with a little weigh training. Eek.

Thanks for everyone's input!! :happy:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member

Awesome, great article. I guess I'll have to start up with a little weigh training. Eek.

Thanks for everyone's input!! :happy:

Make sure you take care of your skin from the inside out..............

Consume a good amount of fats as this helps to keep your skin moisturized, I use a lot of coconut oil inside and out of my body.

Drink lots of water.

Eat lots of veggies and fruits (vitamins and minerals to keep skin healthy, vitamin e,c, etc....)
This discussion has been closed.