I didn't give in!!

Options
I am a sucker for free food. Today we had a pizza party at work and I didn't eat one slice! I had a plan, packed my food, and did not partake of the pizza. Normally, I would be the first in line, but not today. It may seem little, but it is a big success for me personally. :smile: I need a smiley that pats itself on the back.

Replies

• melody6387
    melody6387 Posts: 49
    Options
    Congrats !!! That took a great deal of will power. :flowerforyou:
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    well thats just wonderfull!!! congrats on not giving in, i almost gave in today with some cake but instead i ate a banana then went for a run :D congrats on your will power
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say the same. Today was the last day of summer school and chick fil a donated lunches to all the teachers and staff and you can be certain it was not a salad. I gave in and ate a fried chicken sandwich and bag of chips. I did say no to the brownie but of course that was easy I do not like chocolate.:sad:
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    I am a sucker for free food. Today we had a pizza party at work and I didn't eat one slice! I had a plan, packed my food, and did not partake of the pizza. Normally, I would be the first in line, but not today. It may seem little, but it is a big success for me personally. :smile: I need a smiley that pats itself on the back.
    I feel you! At my last staff meeting food was Mt Mike's pizza. While everyone ate I looked up the nutritional information on my phone. When I found out that 1 tiny slice was 400 cals I decided to pass it up. It was really hard because I had to stare at it for 2,5 hrs. :( When I got home I had an entire turkey burger with low cal toppings, corn on the cob, & steamed carrots....all for 400 cals. It sucked during the meeting, but in the end I was happy I said no because I got 3x the food for the same amount of calories......

So congrats on sticking to your goals & foregoing the pizza. You deserve a huge pat on the back for that :))
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Woohoo go you!! Gotta love that willpower! :drinker:
  • jojogirl
    jojogirl Posts: 99
    Options
    Pizza is a tough one for me, you just inspired me to say no to pizza next time...to test myself.
    :flowerforyou:
  • allieP
    allieP Posts: 16
    Options
    That is a huge deal! Good job!!:flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.

I don't know if I could resist pizza! I can resist the sweet stuff, but pizza I'm not so sure.

Way to go!!!

Keep up the good work.

Memaw
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I feel you! At my last staff meeting food was Mt Mike's pizza. While everyone ate I looked up the nutritional information on my phone. When I found out that 1 tiny slice was 400 cals I decided to pass it up. It was really hard because I had to stare at it for 2,5 hrs. :( When I got home I had an entire turkey burger with low cal toppings, corn on the cob, & steamed carrots....all for 400 cals. It sucked during the meeting, but in the end I was happy I said no because I got 3x the food for the same amount of calories......

Great choice. Some people don't realize how much more "healhty food" they can eat for the same calories

If you want to stay away from pizza, think about what's in those 400 calories.
    AND THE SERVING SIZE. You noticed that it was a tiny slice.

I went to Mt Mike's to get an example.
    Mountain size - The Pineapple Chicken Luau Pizza
    407 cal per slice of a 20" pizza 20 slices
    I had to figure this out. So the circumference of that pizza would be ~62.8 inches - divide that by 20 pieces.
    EACH SERVING is about 3 inches across the crust.

Out of that 407 calories
    575 mg of sodium
    14 grms of fat 5.7 sat fat
    8.88 grms of sugar.

Of course, nobody can stop at just ONE piece. I'm sure people easily put down 3-4 pieces of that size.

So 4 pieces of that lovely pizza and you've eaten

1628 calories
    2300mg of sodium
    56 grams of fat - 23 grams of sat fat
    35 grams of sugar.

Don't forget, add the pop to wash it down.

Sigh, I used to enjoy pizza.
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    Good job!! That's impressive. We have a work meeting tomorrow and there will be pizza there and I am going to make myself pass it up!!
  • Queenie000
    Queenie000 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That's great! So hard to pass up free food. That whole mentality is one of the reasons i never go to buffets, for some reason i feel i have to get my moneys worth and eat waaaaaay too much. Plus, i think the food is usually substandard and not worth even half the calories.
    Way to pass up the pizza!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel, there are always, donuts, cookies, chocolates, pretzles, chips and you name it goodies throughout my office, I have maintained not eating them, but at this very moment my boss has a box of mini brownies on her desk that I would kill for! (I wonder howmany calories murder burns?) (BAD JOKE) Soorry!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!