Not sure how to log this in my food diary...

Options
2»

Replies

• tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Under the food tab there is a tab called recipes...you put in your ingredients, number of servings and VIOLA....number of calories per serving....and you can log it in your diary
  • WandaJean1564
    WandaJean1564 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank You...I guess I need to get a scale to weigh my food...I just really cook by eye lol
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I use the recipe maker.......you will find that the easiest......
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone making it so difficult?

"You have to weigh it"
    "Is it the size of a deck of cards?"

.....it's a chicken leg! Search for chicken leg and enter 1 chicken leg. Eating "the meat" from a chicken leg is no different than eating a chicken leg...it should be logged the same way.

I had to laugh a little because everyone seems to be ignoring you, and you have the most obvious correct answer. LOL.

I know! It's ridiculous.

I don't have a kitchen scale right now...

And again ignoring you??!! :tongue:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Christ almighty, just search for "chicken leg" and it will be there"! This isn't rocket science.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

"You have to weigh it"

.....it's a chicken leg! Search for chicken leg and enter 1 chicken leg. Eating "the meat" from a chicken leg is no different than eating a chicken leg...it should be logged the same way.

It sounds to me like she didn't eat the whole leg.

OP, if you ate all the meat, just enter 'chicken leg' and hit 1. If you ate like half the meat, enter 0.5. That's what I do, and I've been doing chicken legs a lot lately because for some reason the groceries have had loads of sales on them. You'd think they were raising chickens hybridized with centipedes.
  • awisegirl84
    awisegirl84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

"You have to weigh it"

OP, if you ate all the meat, just enter 'chicken leg' and hit 1. If you ate like half the meat, enter 0.5. That's what I do, and I've been doing chicken legs a lot lately because for some reason the groceries have had loads of sales on them. You'd think they were raising chickens hybridized with centipedes.

^^^^^ THIS
  • bakz4
    bakz4 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I hope you eat more than what's logged on your diary for the last few days.....

I don't log my morning coffee...I should I guess...I drink 1-2 cups..with 1 tsp sugar and 1% milk...and I drink water all day long and the occasional glass of orange juice or a glass of milk...I guess I need to log those...95% of what i drink is water though.
    For a couple of days I wasn't eating much...upset that my best friend is in ICU at hospital...but she is better now and is going home after the weekend.:)

Please be sure to log your morning coffee! I also have 2 cups each day but remember that sugar and milk both have calories that, over time, add up!! Also, be sure to measure the milk, as what seems to be a couple of tablespoons, can quickly turn into something much more! Just speaking from experience.

I understand your emotional non-eating! I'm like that too. Just be conscious that you don't eat too few calories and put your body into starvation mode. It'll screw up your metabolism and cause your body to hang on to calories instead of losing them! Good luck!
  • elizabethhecker1968
    elizabethhecker1968 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I cook a lot of stuff from the Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook. Great recipes, easy to make, and it gives you the calories! Most of the recipes are already in the database too!:happy:
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

"You have to weigh it"

I had to laugh a little because everyone seems to be ignoring you, and you have the most obvious correct answer. LOL.

I know! It's ridiculous.

I don't have a kitchen scale right now...

And again ignoring you??!! :tongue:

Seriously...I give up.
  • WandaJean1564
    Options
    was not ignoring any suggestion....but I only ate about 4-5 pinkie finger sizes pieces of meat....don't need to be rocket scientist to search a whole chicken leg..but I didn't not eat a whole chicken leg...also someone mentioned weigh my food...I replied I don't have a scale...therefore can't weigh the food...geesh
  • WandaJean1564
    Options

"You have to weigh it"

This is the most useful post on here...even though I didn't even eat 1/2 the meat..it gives me an estimate...thanks:)