Dr says the weight has to go

9ofthem
9ofthem Posts: 44 Member
Hi,

My name is Dawn.

I am here because the dr says I have to lose weight for my health.

I am 5'5" and CW is 214lbs. SW was 220lbs. I found this site by trying to find something to help me track the calories that I eat.

I am a stay at home mom. We have 9 kids ages 11mos to 23yrs. The oldest is married and the second oldest is getting married this fall. We home school the kids with online public school. We will have 5 in school this fall. My husband works a second shift job in a factory. This lifestyle doesn't leave me a lot of time for taking care of me.

Getting a grip on my weight has become a big issue for me because I have many health conditions that are being very badly impacted by it. It was really brought to my attention when 3 relatives of varying large sizes died this past year from preventable diseases. I do everything else right for my conditions except eating and exercising correctly. I love food and hate to sweat.

I am hoping that this site will help me to stay focused.

Thanks.

Replies

• tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Welcome.

Be here for yourself, not because your doctor thinks you need to lose weight. Otherwise, you'll find yourself falling off track sooner than you know it. Your kids need you in their lives, all 9 of them.

You can do this if you put your mind and heart into it. Good luck on your journey!
  • 9ofthem
    9ofthem Posts: 44 Member
    Dr has been after me for a few years, but I finally agreed with him. So I am doing this for myself and for my family.