I'm not a huge fan of chicken ---

Options
vsetter
vsetter Posts: 558 Member
---- but I know that it is a good lean meat for my diet and high in protein. I would like to start eating more.

Any suggested chicken recipes for a picky chicken eater??? I tend to like chicken better that is tender and covered in cheese (although I realize that I may need to limit the cheese). :)

Thanks!

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    I love the Kickin' Chicken recipe from the Eat Shrink and Be Merry girls. Basically take chicken thighs and bake them with a sauce made from about 1/2 cup peanut sauce (I use light stuff) and 3/4 cup fresh salsa (you can make your own or buy it at the deli but DO NOT use the canned-on-the-shelf-full-of-salt kind, it's gross) with a liberal amount of fresh basil tossed in. It sounds like a weird combo but it is absolutely delicious (and the sauce goes well over steamed brocolli or baked sweet potatoes too!). It covers the chicken up pretty well (you can also use it for pieces of pork or even as a sauce over beef medallions!)
  • xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    I'm a Flexitarian - which means that I eat mostly veggies, fruits, eggs and so on but I eat chicken/fish occasionally. For example when i'm at parties, and they don't serve vegetarian foods. But my point is....if you think it's hard to eat chicken...try beans, soy meat, chickpeas and so on. They are tasteful, and has a lot of protein!
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    my favorite "grab and go" lunches for my feed back for work is a stuffed chicken breast i can reheat in the microwave at work - and visually and aromatically i usually make my coworkers drool for very little effort and that makes it taste even better to me!

step 1. find a sharp knife and plump boneless skinless chicken breast (fresh, not the frozen prepackaged kind!) and gently slice half ways horizontally so you have a flap of chicken breast you can fold back down after 'stuffing'
    step 2. fill above mentioned breast flap with your favorite fillling.mine is frozen chopped broccoli and shredded cheddar. but there are way more options.....ricotta cheese mixed with basil and lemon...or a pizza style with mozzarella and pepperonis..or just BBQ sauce...or jalapeno popper style..with jalapeno slices, cheddar, ricotta and precooked bacon!) the possibities are endless.
    3. fold chicken flap back over your 'stuffed' portion and top with any left over cheese and or toppings you have sitting there on counter
    4. bake at 350 degrees for around half an hour more or less depending on the thickness of you chicken boobies.
    5. put into serving size containers to grab and go - and get used to your friends and coworkers being jealous!!

also really love martha stewarts recipe for 40 cloves of garlic chicken (google it!) very simple..hardest part is pealing all the garlic..and only 20 cloves will do. I threw in the zest and juice of one lemon and rosemary......my work husband did NOT believe me that the 'sauce' it makes after roasting in pan only had 2 tbs of real butter..and the garlic is so soft and buttery you can mash it on a fork and spread it on the chicken or stale bread...it just absorbs all the flavor of the seasoning, butter, and chicken drippings! I make it with just boneless skinless THIGHS. (more fat, more flavor lol)