Treadmill question

Muldactus
Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
For those people that use a treadmill:

When you're doing a workout that alternates between walking and jogging, how do you log it? Do you log the jog time and the walk time separately, or just average it out and post it as 1 total time?

I'm trying to work my way through a routine that altenates walk and jog times, slowly raising the amount of time spent jogging. Right now I'm at the stage where I walk 3.5 minutes, jog 1.5 minutes and alternate back and forth for 30 minutes. My question is, how should log it - as 1 total of 30 minutes at an average speed, or 9 minutes jogged and 21 minutes walked? I went ahead and logged it separately, but I dunno if that's the best way.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    i take an average of the speed taken from the distance i went and the time it took me
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    I use a heart rate monitor and log it as a jog. I figure if I jog even a little, I want to give myself the credit! Lol
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    My GF and I have talked about getting a heart rate monitor..... just haven't found the gumption to throw down the money yet. After spending $950 on a treadmill, you wouldn't think a little HRM would be such a big deal.....

Unfortunately, that means I've got to log it manually, thus my trying to find the best way to log it. :)