Eat the same thing a lot?

Options
Hi all, I'm new here and I have a question.

Does anyone else eat the same thing for many days in a row?

I really like PC Blue Menu chicken strips and I really like roasted asparagus. So I've been eating this for several days for supper. It's fast (30 mins to make and lots of time to clean the kitchen while I stand around waiting) and it's soooo filling and it tastes good.

But, is it bad to eat the same thing over and over again? I do eat other things for breakfast and lunch (okay, I usually have cheerios and milk for brekky, but lunch varies! I swear!).

So, do you do this? Is it not a great idea?

Replies

• scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of the same things. Hasn't been a problem for me.
  • jehembee
    jehembee Posts: 114
    Options
    I do that a lot. I'll have the same thing for breakfast for 2 weeks, and then switch it up.

I really don't see how it's an issue to eat the same thing other than it can get boring.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Completely normal.

Humans are creatures of habit.

I pretty much ate a staple diet of bread and milk growing up and I turned out fine. It's when I deviated from this that I gained weight.

Eat what you love, in moderation.
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    Could I be "missing" essentials from my diet and not know? Especially if I'm only really tracking the usual suspects of carbs-calories-fat-fibre?
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Could I be "missing" essentials from my diet and not know? Especially if I'm only really tracking the usual suspects of carbs-calories-fat-fibre?

Probably not great eating prepackaged food constantly, but I hate Galen Weston with a passion, so I might be biased against his stupid Blue Menu and his chicken strips.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yep i repeat eat lots of things.. it's easier for me in terms of planning.

i'd say 90% of what i eat is repeat. the other 10% is just something i might try for a meal or 2
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    Other than I like the taste of the blue menu strips, the reason I'm eating them so much is mostly because holy crap they are inexpensive! I bought a box of 25 chicken strips for under 10$, I don't think I could make them that cheap even if I bought chicken in bulk and froze them! That's less than 1 dollar per meal (I eat 2 or 3 per meal) for my protein, which is pretty cheap by my standards (a can of beans costs about a dollar, and I'd rather eat chicken!)

(now here's to hoping they don't get my addicted and then jack up the price! eek!)
  • do4fit
    do4fit Posts: 23
    Options
    We eat a lot of the same things at home... especially for breakfast and dinner. Try adding some different veggies to your asparagus. We often have meat and then a stir fry... or steamed veggies for dinner... If you are worried about vitamins and such look into a multi-vitamin.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast every morning. Have been for several months now.