Yummy homeade cookies under 50 cal (:

Options
*I think I'm going to make a blog for my best recipes (since I have hundreds!) So feel free to add me, I love cooking!*

The hard thing about weight loss are those rough cravings, luckily, I live in the kitchen, so I have some awesome low cal/fat recipes (My family doesn't even realize it!) But anyway, I thought I'd share 1+ recipes with you guys, if you're interested! Here is one of my favorites! (Feel free to copy and paste, I'm no "credit" jerk :D)

Sugar Cookies
servings: 42
calories w/ icing: 64
calories w/o icing: 35
fat: 2

Dough:
° 1/3 c light margarine or butter, softened
° 1 whole egg
° 1 tbsp milk
° 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
° 2 c unbleached flour
° 3/4 c granulated sugar (Replace with 3/4 as much splenda, if desired)
° 1 tsp baking powder

Icing
° 1 c powdered sugar, sifted
° 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
° 1 tbsp fat-free milk

Preheat oven to 375. To prepare dough, combine margarine, egg, one tablespoon milk, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. In another mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, and baking powder. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients just until moistened. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill until easy to handle. On a lightly, floured surface, roll each half of dough to 1/8" thickness. Using 2 1/2" cutters, cut dough into desired shape. Place one inch apart onto unprepared baking sheet. Bake for seven minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, to prepare icing, combine powdered sugar, remaining vanilla extract, and milk in a small mixing bowl. If desired, color with food coloring. When cookies have cooled spread icing over cookies. * After icing has set, store cookies in airtight containers up to 5 days or freeze uniced in airtight container up to 3 months.

Personally, I don't Ice them, I add a little sugar to the top of them!

Replies

• Christi_Kitty
    Options
    Frozen Fruit Pops

Ingredients:

1/3 cup diced kiwi (36)
    1/3 cup diced watermelon (15)
    1/3 cup diced strawberries (15)
    1/3 cup diced pineapple (26)
    1/4 cup fresh orange juice (28)

Directions:

Combine diced fruit in a bowl and fill each 5 oz cup with fruit. Add 1 tbsp of juice and insert craft sticks into each cup. They easily stay in place because of all the fruit. Place in the freezer a few hours until firm. To remove the pops from the cups, run under warm water a few seconds. Enjoy! Makes 4 pops.

Nutritional information per serving (per pop): 30 calories; 0.2g total fat; 0mg cholesterol; 1mg sodium
  • CdnPgnMom
    CdnPgnMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    These sound amazing and I can't wait to try them! Post more, if you can. I don't mind ;)
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    These sound amazing and I can't wait to try them! Post more, if you can. I don't mind ;)

Ditto!!
  • KarenReichel
    Options
    Both sound great!
  • Christi_Kitty
    Options
    Cut out the cals from honey/sugar in this simple smoothie

Ingredients:

120 grams unsweetened frozen berries (59)
    50 grams low-fat yogurt (32)
    350ml green tea (0)
    1 banana (105)

Directions:

Let green tea cool down and put everything in a blender, blend until full mixed.

Nutritional information per serving (two servings): 98 calories; 0.6g total fat; 2mg cholesterol; 3.2g dietary fiber; 2.4g protein;
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thank you for those recipes. I may have to try them out.
  • Christi_Kitty
    Options
    Mini Apple Doughnuts- my grandfather loves the apple, I don't care for it,so I make a batch without it!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup of lightly packed brown sugar (140)
    1/4 cup of white sugar (194)
    1 1/2 cups of finely diced apples, peeled and cored (86)
    1 1/2 cups of plain flour (683)
    1 3/4 tsp baking powder (8)
    1/2 tsp salt (0)
    1 tsp nutmeg (12)
    1/3 cup of chilled unsweetened applesauce (35)
    1 egg (63)
    1/4 cup of milk (31)

Directions:
    Preheat your oven to 350F. Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugars, salt and and nutmeg in a bowl. Add the chilled applesauce. Mix the applesauce with the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

In a separate bowl, beat the egg. Mix in the milk and fold in the chopped apples. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Stir using a spatula or spoon making sure not to over mix. Place a spoonful of batter into each mold of a buttered mini donut pan (Note: If you do not have one of these, mini muffin pans work fine, too!)

Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the donuts are just golden. Remove from the oven, unmold and serve immediately.

Nutritional information (per one mini donut): 53 calories, 0g total fat
  • Christi_Kitty
    Options
    Raspberry Rockets (a.k.a. white chocolate filled raspberries that are perfect for a sweet craving)

Ingredients:

20 raspberries (20)
    20 white chocolate chips (34)

Method:

Wash the raspberries by holding them under gently running water or submerging in a bowl of water and agitating gently. Allow the raspberries to air-dry by simply putting them on a towel. Once dry, insert one chip into each berry with flat side of the chip facing you. Serve. (chips can be melted and put inside raspberries with a ziplock bag, if desired.

Each serving (10 raspberry rockets) holds 27 calories
  • Christi_Kitty
    Options
    Chocolate Merengues

Ingredients:

3 egg whites (48)
    1/2 tsp cream of tartar (4)
    pinch of salt (0)
    3/4 cup sugar (581)
    1 tsp vanilla extract (12)
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (49)

Method:

Preheat oven to 275 F and line 2 baking sheets with foil. Beat the egg whites until frothy and then add cream of tartar and salt. Mix in the sugar, beat until semi-stiff and peaks form and in vanilla extract and cocoa. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto baking sheets. Bake for about an hour, let cool.

Makes 3 dozen, 19 calorie cookies!
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    yummy! thanks for posting!
  • Christi_Kitty
    Options
    Not a sweet, but an awesome substitute for pizza!

Zucchini Pizza Bites

Ingredients:

4 slices large zucchini 1/4” thick (or 1 medium zucchini cut on diagonal)
    Spray olive oil
    2 tbsp pizza sauce
    1/4 cup part skim mozzarella
    salt and pepper

Method:

1) Cut zucchini about 1/4 inch thick. Spray both side lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.

2) Broil or grill for about 2 minute on each side. Top with sauce and cheese and broil for an additional minute or two. (Careful not to burn cheese)

This makes 1 serving with a total of 125 calories.
  • MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Raspberry Rockets....Each serving (10 raspberry rockets) holds 27 calories

I need to do this!!! Thanks 
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping for later..I have the worse sweet tooth EVER. :(
  • SweetiePieHolly
    Options
    I appreciate you posting these.:drinker: .
    I'm deff going to be cooking some of those soon!!!
  • Christi_Kitty
    Options
    These are my favorite. You're lucky I'm sharing :P <3

Fudgy Brownies

Ingredients

4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (1 cup)
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup butter
    2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
    1 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 large egg yolks
    1 large egg
    Cooking spray

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350°. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Place butter and chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Stir until smooth, and set aside. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup sugar, milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, egg yolks, and egg; stir with a whisk to combine. Add butter mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Pour batter into an 8-inch square metal baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean.

Makes 16 squares, each having 150 calories.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    SO Bumping!
  • surimurphy
    surimurphy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    yum thanks for recipes