Awkward question...

Options
Okay this is probably a little gross/TMI, but I'm just wondering what I should do.... today I ate all of my planned calories and went for a run. However, I think I didn't let my food digest completely before my run and let's just say I had to stop early due to... well... "the runs." (I know, gross, I'm sorry.) So I guess I'm just wondering, does having "the runs" get rid of calories? Should I try to eat a little something else? Or am I still okay for the day? I feel like this is basic knowledge about the body that I should know, but I don't lol. Thanks in advance :blushing:

Replies

• ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    Options
    I think that you'll be ok, it's a natural process :)
    Now if your were sick for days, then I'd say try and get some more calories into you.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say you got rid of any Kals but you should probably drink somthing to offset the loose stools, and you shouldn't eat then run try waiting about an hour or go before you eat dinner.
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If you went for a run you probably burned additional cals. I would say eat a banana to help your stomach feel better and so your not starving at midnight.....
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If your runs are really "runny" I would drink some extra water to replace "lost" fluids. Other than that, I think you are OK:wink:
  • acrylicrocks
    Options
    BRAT diet. Banana Rice Applesauce Toast

None of them has too many calories but will help your tummy settle. Drink lots of water.
  • zoeinthecity
    Options
    The Runners Runs!

Its super common among people who have just started running. I used to get reallly really bad cramps and have to shoot off to the bathroom mid-way through a run. Your stomach will eventually be okay but in the meantime try not to eat for 2 hours before a run. Nowadays I have something small (like a banana or a toast) about an hour before a run, any sooner than that and I'd get sick while running.

And no, going to the toilet doesnt mean you can eat more. Its just your digestion (and metabolism) being sped up by the exercise.