Sighs. Yes, another BMR/TDEE question. Please help :)

Options
So on fat2fitradio I used their calculator to determine how much I should be eating. My BMR came out to 1850 and my TDEE came out to 1992 (Sedentary). I've read that you should not eat below BMR but I've also read that you should eat around 20% under TDEE to lose weight. See my problem? 20% below 1992 is way under my BMR. What do you guys think I should do? I've been shooting for 1900 for the past month just to experiment and see what would happen but now I'm ready for some real results :). Idk if I've lost any weight at all as I've not weighed in again (no scale right now) and have only recently taken my measurements. Feel free to take a look at my food diary as well.

Replies

• Cmcsykes
    Cmcsykes Posts: 3
    Options
    Do what is comfortable for YOU. If you feel like you are missing out on something you may to be consistent. If you feel satisfied try that for a week and see how it goes.
  • Starrynights1107
    Starrynights1107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh and I know that I do still need to work on cleaning up my diet, btw but I don't think I've gone over my allotted calories at all since I started. I count weekly, not daily so that I have a bit of wiggle room.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Eat 20% under TDEE.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    That's the problem for us sedenatry folks. There just isn't wiggle room. I exercise when I can to up the margin.
    I aim for my BMR but I admit it's hard to get bang on target esp with all the uncertainty about calorie burn.
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    did you use the fit2fat calc that asks you to input your goal weight? if so, the TDEE they give you is for your goal weight, not what you weigh now. so you can eat that much and you should lose steadily until you get to that weight, and then you will just maintain
  • Starrynights1107
    Options
    Do what is comfortable for YOU. If you feel like you are missing out on something you may to be consistent. If you feel satisfied try that for a week and see how it goes.

I hear ya. I ate 1200 calories for a week or two when I first began and it was very uncomfortable, not as in I craved more food but as in my workouts made me feel woozy so I upped the calories. I feel satisfied now but I don't want to be satisfied with my food intake, unknowingly consuming too much and not losing any weight if you know what I mean lol. Sometimes comfy=complacent for me.
  • Starrynights1107
    Options
    did you use the fit2fat calc that asks you to input your goal weight? if so, the TDEE they give you is for your goal weight, not what you weigh now. so you can eat that much and you should lose steadily until you get to that weight, and then you will just maintain

Ohhh you know, that makes a lot of sense lol. That is the one I used. I didn't even realize it. I was wondering why I felt like the calculation was so silly. According to this, I should actually be right on track. I'll see what the scale says when I get a chance to weigh :).Thanks.
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You're welcome :)
    It's so confusing sometimes cause there are a bunch of different calculators. I've used F2F that uses your goal weight and the scooby workshop one that tells you your TDEE-whatever percent you choose.
    Good luck with your weight loss. this eating more business is kinda scary but it just has to work cause I can't go on eating 1400 calories. I was STARVING!
  • Starrynights1107
    Options
    You're welcome :)
    It's so confusing sometimes cause there are a bunch of different calculators. I've used F2F that uses your goal weight and the scooby workshop one that tells you your TDEE-whatever percent you choose.
    Good luck with your weight loss. this eating more business is kinda scary but it just has to work cause I can't go on eating 1400 calories. I was STARVING!

Yes, it is confusing. Thanks for wishing me luck. I know what you mean about eating 1400 calories. I started off eating 1200 for a couple weeks, I didn't feel hungry but my body was definitely screaming for help lol. Working out made me feel woozy. I had to nip that 1200 calorie stuff in the bud. Good luck with your weight loss also, btw :)