Smack in the face

Options
I'm coming into the weekend of week one of my serious effort to make a life change and get real about losing weight. I have really pushed myself this time.( I have tried in the past and gave up because it was too hard.) This week I really pushed my exercising and healthy eating. I wanted something to compare myself to while I'm losing weight, so I took a before picture. Boy did it really smack me in the face how out of control I let my weight get. I was feeling great about myself until the moment I saw how awful I really look. I have struggled my whole life with my weight but this is definitely rock bottom. I am pretty discouraged right now but I am going to try my best to use it as motivation. Everytime I want to skip the gym or have that extra serving of my favorite dinner, I'm gonna think of this picture. It really is going to be tough but I have to be able to look at myself in pictures and not want to cry and burn it. I know I'm not the only one who has felt this way, it's helpful to know I have such a great resource for helping not only physically but with the emotional part as well. I am pretty emotional right now after getting a big reality check. Thank you all for sharing your stories and advice. It really does help knowing I'm not alone in this :)

Replies

• CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I totally know this feeling. But don't try to do too much as once, it'll be really hard to maintain. This journey is a long one, and not an easy one.

It'll be a lot easier if you can let go of the negative self talk. Just from the vibe of your post, I can tell you, you are not a bad person because you are not physically where you are. You are the exact same person you would be if you were thinner/healthier/etc.

YOU DESERVE TO FEEL AMAZING AND THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A NUMBER ON A SCALE.

You can do this :)