Question about entering foods....

Options
Hey everyone! Hopefully everyone is recovering nicely from Valentine's splurging! :wink:

I have a question for you all...I went out last night for dinner with the hubby and totally splurged. I don't feel bad about it because I hadn't since I started this and I had fully prepared to. I had over 1200 calories I could use so...

Anywho...we went out to a restaurant that isn't a chain and therefore, I can't look up the calories/nutrition info on what I ate. I did search a bit on calorieking.com and caloriecounter.com but can't really find what I am looking for. However, I do want to be able to enter my foods to keep me accountable....

Has this happened to anyone? What did you do for entering...just a best guess?

Thanks in advance for the input! :smile:

Replies

• erin1205
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hopefully everyone is recovering nicely from Valentine's splurging! :wink:

I have a question for you all...I went out last night for dinner with the hubby and totally splurged. I don't feel bad about it because I hadn't since I started this and I had fully prepared to. I had over 1200 calories I could use so...

Anywho...we went out to a restaurant that isn't a chain and therefore, I can't look up the calories/nutrition info on what I ate. I did search a bit on calorieking.com and caloriecounter.com but can't really find what I am looking for. However, I do want to be able to enter my foods to keep me accountable....

Has this happened to anyone? What did you do for entering...just a best guess?

Thanks in advance for the input! :smile:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Just guesstimate as much a possible.

How big was the piece of meat?
    How many veggies?
    Appetizers?
    Drinks?
    Dessert?
    It's hard with sauces, I find.

I just write down everything and guess to the best of my ability. That way I have something ever if it's not completely exact.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    sometimes entering in Google "how many calories are in (name the dish)" you will get some good reports. Other than that rem is correct in that you guesstimate what it is you think you had (ounces where possible) and do your best and you'll be pretty close.
  • erin1205
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions rheston and rem! I appreciate it... I did google a couple of them and had some pretty good luck.

Thanks again!
    Erin