Low Cal Hummus recipe?

Options
I'm currently searching for a low calorie ( preferably garlic) hummus recipe :) I have chick peas and tahini just sitting in the pantry asking to be turned to hummus~ Anyone know any good ones? :D

Replies

• LordHappyCat
    Options
    Drain your chickpeas and throw in a food processor. Add a tablespoon or two of the tahini. There's your basics. Add garlic (as much or as little as you like), some lemon juice and a bit of olive oil as a binder. Taste and add from there. I just recently had some with Flax seed in it.

Love love love hummus!!
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    1 can of chickpeas drained, 2 big cloves of garlic, 3 tbsps of 0% greek yogurt (I like honey flavour), and some jalapeno peppers...I like it hot! Yummy!!:love:
  • Ceyanna
    Ceyanna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe via Pinterest and love it!!

Hummus in the Blender by Susan Voisin
    3 cups cooked chickpeas (or 2 15 oz cans, 1 drained)
    3/4 to 1 cup water or chickpea cooking broth (or liquid from 1 can of chickpeas)
    2-4 cloves garlic, peeled
    2 TB tahini
    2-4 TB fresh lemon juice
    1/4 to 1 tsp cumin
    1/4 tsp smoked paprika
    1/8-1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder or cayenne pepper
    Salt to taste

Place all but the salt into the blender. Start blender on low, gradually increasing to high. Be sure to use a spatula to break up air pockets. If too thick, add small amounts of water at a time. Turn blender on highest speed until completely smooth. Taste and add any additional seasonings you wish, then blend again briefly. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Makes 8 servings.

*The author suggests removing half the mixture from the blender, then blending the rest with other favorites, such as roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, chipotle chili peppers, roasted garlic, jalepeno peppers, black or green olives, balsamic vinegar, spinach, smoked salt, or Liquid Smoke.

Recipe, notes, and nutrition info can be found here: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2012/03/hummus-in-the-blender.html
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    1 can of Chickpeas (540ml) drained and rinsed
    1/4 cup Olive Oil
    1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
    1 Teaspoon Cumin
    1 Garlic Clove

Put in a food processor, pulse or blend until completely smooth.

Makes a great starter base to branch off from.

Since I have been using this recipe I stopped using tahini.
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
  • Chubby_Bum
    Options
    bump, pls :)
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FriedPicklePrincess
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good tahini brand?