Things to know about the adult world.

Options
13»

Replies

• 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Avoid debt as much as possible. If you can't afford it, you don't need it, end of story.
    Yes.
    There is alot to know about finances, and alot of it is highly complex, search Dave Ramsey he has amazing financial advice and a class that is so helpful. It walks you through things and explains it well.
    And yes. It is a lot of information and it's easy to get confused. I know more than one person who has worked their way out of mountains of debt to financial stability & freedom by following Ramsey's advice. It's good advice, and he's good at breaking it down for the average person.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You'll find out what and interest rate is once you get your first student loan bill.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Can anyone explain to me credit scores?

Im 21, and so far I have paid everything off in full.

car, rent, food, groceries, holidays everything paid IN CASH

however next up on my list is a house. I dont have a credit score, and so they wont give me a loan ( I assume..)
    how do i get around this? and do i HAVE to put stuff on credit (they pay it off straight away) just to get a goos score?

I wish I had done what Dave suggests for getting a house without relying on the credit score:
    http://www.daveramsey.com/article/the-truth-about-your-credit-score/lifeandmoney_creditcards/

He also has really good advice on finance in general (personal and business).

To OP: The book "The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey is great. Strongly suggest it!!
  • stevepierson
    stevepierson Posts: 119
    Options
    Avoid debt as much as possible. If you can't afford it, you don't need it, end of story.

This is possibly the best advice you could get!!