Zumba! I made it!

Options
So I finally made it to zumba tonight, I wasn't as pumped to go as I was Tuesday, and had no buddy coming with me....but I went! I figured I owed it to myself, and then I wouldn't have to feel bad about lunch out with my co-workers, even tho I made good choices it was still a lil higher in cals then I would normally go for lunch.

I enjoyed it, it's quite the work out, takes some getting used to the steps but once i do a few more classes i think i will love it :smile:

yay! so lets see how the muscles feel tomorrow:laugh:

another baby step for feeling and looking healthier and better before I move to Holland :drinker:

PG:flowerforyou:

Replies

• breadaddict
    breadaddict Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's so interesting cuz I did my first class tonight! My sister raved about it and I wasnt that impressed... I could barely hear the girl on the mic and I felt it was a lot of turning and twisting without much cardio. Perhaps it depends on the prof!!!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    hmmm that is interesting.....i would imagine it does depend on the instructor - but also i would imagine i can work harder on each move once i know the moves better as i felt i just kept getting lost in between moves-- but today i just had to make sure i was able to follow the flow which i did for most...ours didn't have a mic, and the music was way loud which i loved...pumped me up and i sweated my *kitten* off, gonna give a few more classes to decide whether i love it, or it's just ok... :smile:

it's something extra that I wasn't doing before so that's bonus
    i try to swim twice a week but the pool is closed til end august,
    and i have hip hop once a week which is also done til end of summer but this is more of a workout so it may replace my hip hop :)

will you give it a 2nd try? :) lemme know.

PG:flowerforyou:
  • Zephyr36608
    Options
    what is zumba?
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    salsa ish dancey aerobics http://www.zumba.com/us/
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Options
    Zumba defenitely helps if you have a good instructor. Also, technically ,the instructor is not supposed to use a mic. They will use a hand motion or two to point you in the right direction. I would give it another try. You can easliy burn 400-600 calories in an hour class if you really go for it and shake your booty off! Of course, I am a zumba addict so I encourage everyone to try it lol.
    Adding it to your usual workouts in a week gives you something different to do and different muscles are being used.
    Enjoy!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    It definately becomes more and more fun as you get to know the moves ... and then you're able to put more into it ... and sweat more ... and burn more calories. I love Zumba!!