Insanity? Curious!

Options
I know that insnity is a workout video, but I'm wondering what exactly it is?

So its 60 days, correct? And is there a meal plan? If so, how many cals?

How long is it? (how many mins/day)
When you first started, how good of shape were you in and was it unbearable - in other words, do you have to be somewhat in shape to do it?

Thanks!

Replies

• rachel84
    rachel84 Posts: 9
    Options
    Insanity is 60 days and it comes with a book that has recipes in it and it also tells you how many calories you should be consuming. You don't have to be in shape to do it already cause you can modify the moves until you get good at it. It's all about correct form. I'm part of a group that is starting a Insanity challenge on June 16th if you want more info.
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    The first few weeks, the videos average between 40 and 45 minutes... there's a 'break' week (which, trust me, is not break), then the last four weeks the videos are about 55 minutes each. Great program... I saw pretty cool and unexpected results... it's tough, but like most things, you only get out of it what you put into it... good luck!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a boot camp style workout program that involves working out for toughly 60 days doing a combination of high impact aerobic exercises, plyometrics, sports drills, and calisthenics. The workouts vary between 40-60 minutes. It does come with an accompanying meal plan that has you eating LOTS of food. In the second month the workouts get longer and harder.

It's killer.

You do have to be in fairly good shape to start it otherwise you risk serious injury. There are many exercises you will do in Insanity that depend on a high fitness level going into it and can't really be modified.
  • 115perfection
    115perfection Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! :)
  • thoess
    thoess Posts: 16
    Options
    It's an awesome workout.
    Took me a month before I could complete the 10 minute warmup part, without having to take a break. And then you start the workout part. Hard? You betcha.
    If you make it, you will be proud of yourself.

I have also done P90X (and P90X2) - they are more strength workouts, vs Insanity, which is way more cardio orientated.
    You can sure use Insanity as a benchmark of your fitness level