Need Encouragement

Options
So I just posted asking about successes, and everyone has great responses. I am down a pound and a half this week. I'm down about 15 since March after having a TIA. I'm only 41 years old and I'm just really bumming. I am diabetic, have pcos, underactive thyroid, on insulin, and just feel like I have too many things working against me. Please, humor me, and someone with these things working against them tell me that the exercise and calorie counting works. I'm just so used to low carb/high protein diets that this 1 pound a week, and sometimes no weight loss, has me down. I am working so hard with diet an exercise and feel like 15 pounds in 2 1/2 months is not much. I am trying to appreciate nonscale successes though. I found myself having to skip my insulin at lunch because my glucose is so well controlled most of the time these days. And, don't laugh, but I was pleased that my seat in my car was squeaky today. You see, my car is 10 years old, and when my husband drives it, the driver's seat squeaks. But it never squeaked on me. I assumed it had something to do with me weighing more and my weight holding it down and keeping it from squeaking. But today, it squeaked. So I am appreciating skipping a dose of insulin and a squeaky seat today. I just get fearful that the diabetes/insulin, thyroid, and pcos are going to keep me struggling. Sorry to whine.

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Just keep up what you're doing. Look at this as a good, healthy lifestyle change. 15lbs is nothing to sneeze at and it's a helluva start. By reading and posting here, you'll learn and refine your lifesyle for even more successes. Good job!