How can I stop saying TOMORROW?

Options
I have been yo-yo ing with weight loss. I will do great for a few days, and today we will not even talk about todays caloric in-take. Let's just say I had one of my random small, but huge binges. Tomorrow is a day to start over, or I will start tomorrow is what I always tell myself. I have gained 13 pounds in 6 months. How can I finally tell myself TODAY, AND NOT TOMORROW?

Please! I need some motivation : (

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding like a smart-*kitten*, just do it today.
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Start telling yourself you can start right now, start fresh every hour of every day until you believe you can do this in the NOW.
    If you need a kick in the butt and motivation, feel free to add me...I won't be gentel :)
  • aleciaj7
    aleciaj7 Posts: 39
    Options
    I used to do this a lot too. Always saying tomorrow I was going to get on track, or Monday, Monday was always my favorite. What I've learned lately is that even if you screw up at one point in your day, right after you HAVE GOT to get back on it. As soon as you finish that binge or whatever, start drinking your water and then seriously limit yourself for the rest of the day. There can't be any more tomorrows. You have to start now!
  • diana4583
    diana4583 Posts: 20
    Options
    I saw a quote that helped me get started maybe it will help...my boyfriend thought i was just crazy when i said it though

Today is yesterdays tomorrow.

Think about it like that and hope it helps
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    you need some mojo....
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Oh, I feel you. Look at my join date. If it wasn't for that excuse, I would've been at my goal already. It's hard to make yourself do things you don't want to especially when you don't see results immediately. You just need to remember WHY you want this.

What worked for me was completely changing my diet. I was allowing myself to eat the same foods and I think that made me give in so easily. I switched to eating whole foods and haven't allowed myself to eat the food I used to love (and don't miss anymore). Hope you find something that works for you soon!
  • Nikoah
    Nikoah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I am exercising really hard I crave good for me food. So that is where I start, and I log EVERYTHING I eat, and share my food diary with my friends. If I don't want to write, or my friends to see, it I don't eat it, but if I eat it I log it and live with it. I ate a fast food meal last night for the first time in many months (due to their not being Mc D's or BK where I live) and then I logged it. I had to do more Zumba when I got home. Finally, when I was "done" I was done and that was that. You have to be fed up with feeling bad. You can also add me as a friend if you would like. I have been where you are and have made up my mind to eat better and have for 2 weeks everyday, but one meal, and I allow one meal a week.
  • isweatglitter
    Options
    When you find the answer, let me know (:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    change1.jpg

For tidbits like these several times a day, like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/WingsWillFly No advertising or pushing religion, just simple daily motivation
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding like a smart-*kitten*, just do it today.

Yup.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Do something TODAY that your future self will thank you for!
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Put up a sign on your fridge that says " You said tomorrow yesterday".
  • 1LRoy
    1LRoy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have been yo-yo ing with weight loss. I will do great for a few days, and today we will not even talk about todays caloric in-take. Let's just say I had one of my random small, but huge binges. Tomorrow is a day to start over, or I will start tomorrow is what I always tell myself. I have gained 13 pounds in 6 months. How can I finally tell myself TODAY, AND NOT TOMORROW?

Please! I need some motivation : (

You know, this small local pub in my area has a sign on the door that says, "Free Beer Tomorrow!" I always laugh when I see it, because if someone read that and showed up the next day, it would still say tomorrow. That's the thing with tomorrow... it never comes!! The only moment you have is right here, right now. Everything before this is gone and can't be changed, and tomorrow will always be tomorrow. It's all about right now.

This idea hit me really hard back in December when my 18 year old cousin died of a pulmonary embolism. I was a decade older than her, and I realized I had been wasting my life. I ended my unhappy marriage, moved, got promoted, started taking care of myself physically, and have FINALLY started writing the novel I've been talking about since I was 16. I decided I wasn't going to waste any more time.

Today, my ex-husband's cousin died unexpected at the age of 26 (cause currently unknown). It's got me thinking these thoughts again... Seriously... There is no tomorrow! Make it count while you can!
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I am exercising really hard I crave good for me food. So that is where I start, and I log EVERYTHING I eat, and share my food diary with my friends. If I don't want to write, or my friends to see, it I don't eat it, but if I eat it I log it and live with it. I ate a fast food meal last night for the first time in many months (due to their not being Mc D's or BK where I live) and then I logged it. I had to do more Zumba when I got home. Finally, when I was "done" I was done and that was that. You have to be fed up with feeling bad. You can also add me as a friend if you would like. I have been where you are and have made up my mind to eat better and have for 2 weeks everyday, but one meal, and I allow one meal a week.

I def agree with the whole fed up of feeling bad. When you have that moment where your just sick of just being unhealthy that's when its going to click for you. When you get to that stage you just say enough is enough and you will stop saying tomorrow. The first step is wanting to change so badly that you just do whatever you have to do to accomplish your goals.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow never comes
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Discipline. How will you ever know how strong you are unless you really try?
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Simple . Stop saying and start doing, and switch " tomorrow" with "TODAY". Everyone wants you to do this...now you must want it too :-)
  • tanthelus
    tanthelus Posts: 4
    Options
    First start with today it’s always the most important day tomorrow always becomes today so concentrate where you are now this minute, this hour, this day it’s all we really have and we must not let ourselves talk us out of our goal nothing great comes easy. It comes with hard work and with a strong will you have already shown by taking the first step by realizing the problem and setting a goal. All you have to do is keep to it and leave tomorrow in the drams of today. Don’t be afraid to make a mistake no one is perfect it’s how you deal with those mistakes that show us who we really are and by asking for help you prove you are worthy of it.
  • breakthecycle
    breakthecycle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was the Monday Queen and still have mishaps on this roller coaster called life. I had one last month that lasted 10 days and gained me more weight than I even want to admit. I woke up and said NO MORE STOP THIS CRAP YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN THIS FRICKING FOOD!! My mishaps since I started almost 2 years ago are less and less frequent. I struggle everyday but we are worth it. START NOW THIS SECOND if you bite it write it!!! Add me if you like I'd love to see if your TOMORROW comes TOMORROW. I hope it does!!!!!! hugs!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Stop singing along to the "Annie" soundtrack... :tongue:

Seriously, though - I'm not sure if you're diligent logging everything into your food and exercise diary. If you aren't, start - ESPECIALLY on "bad" days. It's a real eye-opener, trust me. Back in the day, I would do good all week, and then binge on the weekends and undo in two days what I'd worked for five to accomplish. Keeping the diary helped quantify in cold hard numbers what my body was already telling me. It might motivate you to moderate your binges.

I don't stay under my calories every day - but even on the days I go over, I try to keep my calories below what would be my maintenance level.