New to My fitness pal... really ready to lose!

Options
Hi there! :) I'm new to My Fitness Pal and my husband and I are starting the program. We have been doing it for a week now and both of us have lost a good deal for one week (First week always seems the easiest!) I've done so many diets and tried all the fads... I'm sick of it! For both of us it's time for a lifestyle change. He has 60 pounds to lose and I have 100. Any encouragement would be wonderful! :)

Thank you in advance for supporting us! :)

Sara and James

23579750.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey doll, add me! I have about 142 lbs still to go. I'm supportive and motivational, and I log faithfully. I have a pretty extended friend base, and everyone helps me thru my bad days :) Good luck with your journey!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! How great you have your hubby joining you too!
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara and James. Best of luck to the both of you. I started with about 40-50 pounds to lose and I'm about half way there. Feel free to add me if you would like. I log in every day, but I'm not too active in the evenings because I"m usually working...and then up half the night like tonight!
    I don't know what I could really offer you as far as exercise advice because that's where I struggle, but I'm here every day and would be happy to cheer you on.
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on first week. Will be easier with two of you I think.

I found it easier to have overall plan saying 2lbs per week so 6 months of loss. Then each week I set mini personal goals at the start like: under 15 stone next weigh in, BMI under 33%, under 200 lbs, etc

Good luck
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    Stay on it and work your *kitten* off HARD! Look at different sites for workout routines and stay on here for the calorie counting and motivation best of luck to you
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    Hello!! First off, welcome to the site! It's awesome for getting to know people and keeping yourself accountable. My biggest recommendation is to log in every day... No matter what!! Keep track of your sodium intake, luckily the site does it for you. My ultimate goal is to lose 100lbs, so far I've lost 27/100. Just keep reminding yourself that you can do this! Good luck!
  • staciwilkins
    Options
    Hey! I'm brand new to this website! :) I've struggled with weight my whole life and I'm too young to just give up. So here I am! :) Not really sure what to do exactly, but I am looking for friends to support me along the way! If you're interested, go ahead and friend me! I'd love to get to know you! We're in this together!!!
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    welcome...it is a wonderful feeling that you are here with ur husband first off, right? awesome job on both of you making this commitment. i started in jan. and lost a total 42lbs. on this site alone with exercise. it is a great accomplishment to feel. i hope you and ur hubby would add me and i can be the biggest encouragement. i went from 238lbs to 182lbs in 5mo. yes that is 56lbs altogether. YOU BOTH can do this! time n effort all it requires.
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    congrats to you both on the great first week. Keep the good work going you both can add me if you like! Love to help and give support we all need encouragement along the way! Rachel