Hi hi!

Options
Hi!
My name is Angela, and I'm from Pennsylvania. I found this site through Tumblr.

I joined, because I felt like this site can keep me motivated and allow me to read/discuss weight loss.

I've always been the "fat girl," but I've always wanted to change that! I hope that this is the year that I actually reach a healthy weight for once in my life. I'm still aiming to be 120 or less, however, depending on if that works out.

Because my family has a history of heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and hypothyroidism, I feel that getting into shape is very important to me. I am so scared for my mother sometimes, who has all of these conditions. They really limit her, and I wish she could try to get healthy with me (I'm still trying to get her to do so.) Maybe I could be an example if I could get this weight off, and I can help her if she agrees with it.

I do love working out, but sometimes life get busy and tiring. I know that there are no excuses for being lazy, however, which is why I hope to change.

I really feel like reading about weight loss and hearing about it keeps me motivated.
So far, I have lost 25.5 pounds and am hoping to lose more.

Replies

• MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That's a really nice story Angela and I am sure your family are behind you all the way.

This site will certainly help you to kep motivated as it has for me, I have some pretty awesome friends who have helped me.
    You will learn all about the importance of nutrition, fitness and being healthy.

I have type 2 but now I don't need the tablets the doctor gave me as my blood sugar levels stay well below 7 mmols.

I came here a few weeks ago needing to lose over 30 pounds and through the support system I have here I have managed to lose 30 pounds and almost at my goal.

Great news you have managed to lose over 25 pounds and I am sure you will lose more, all the best Angela :smile:
  • dreamsofsomeday
    dreamsofsomeday Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! :)