weight loss per week question

twilight
twilight Posts: 11
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
i have been eating and excercising to lose 1 pound per week. what do you guys think are the benefits to losing more or less per week?

Replies

• QuakerMom
    QuakerMom Posts: 56 Member
    The bottom line is that the slower you lose, the more likely it will stay off. The main reason for this -- i think -- is that you are gradually training yourself to make real lifestyle changes that will stick with you, thus minimizing the possibility of yo-yo dieting.
    I go through this all the time -- thinking that if i could just lose 1.5 lbs a week instead of 1 lb, or a half lb, then i would be done with all the calorie counting that much quicker. But, if i do that, i know that once i get to my goal weight, and feel like i can stop counting calories, logging my food, calculating portions, etc, then i'll start gaining it back.

So, i am constantly reminding myself that slower is better, and that it's not a race to get to the goal.

Good luck.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,136 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I found an eating and exercising plan that I could stick with day after day and the pounds dropped off, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. .It is important to me to create an eating and exercising plan that will stay with me so the weight will stay gone and not ever come back. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.