fed up of dieting no extra loss again all month!

Options
shakybabe
shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
well my TOTM have ended and I'm still back to where I was... old bathroom scales are giving me 9st 7.. the newer scales in Kg are giving me 60kg (9st 6)

so no extra pounds... (I usually drop an extra 2lbs unless its too early) I must have reached my set point? I'm going to try some fat burners again as I'm obviously not going to lose any more without additional help. I've got some OEP off ebay, only need to lose 3 more pound to finish wii fit.

As my original goal was 9st 7 by this next birthday (wed 6th) I guess I've still reached my original goal but still feel disappointed as I'm still bigger around my middle than I wanted to be and seem to have lost everywhere else better. I heard OEP was good for targeting stomach fat.

I've tried exercising, I've tried not exercising so not gaining any additional water, I've tried cutting all carbs and living on salad and water.. so I seem to be stuck and fed up of all the dieting!

I hardly ever stop moving, even sat in chair I can't sit completely still and get extra movements when I try and do something (intention tremor) the weight should be dropping off me naturally if its as simple as calories burned been more than calories in? I thought all extra exercise would have boosted my metabolism by now after a year, even if it was slow before from my thyroid been under active?

I've tried eating more but I still need to exercise on passive trainer or the muscle spasms comes back if I miss more than a couple of days in a row and really stiffen up again (its really painful) so have to do at least 30 mins a day on passive trainer.

Will I never get under 9st 7?

Replies

• Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've got some OEP off ebay, only need to lose 3 more pound to finish wii fit.

I heard OEP was good for targeting stomach fat.

I've tried exercising, I've tried not exercising so not gaining any additional water, I've tried cutting all carbs and living on salad and water.. so I seem to be stuck and fed up of all the dieting!

I've tried eating more but I still need to exercise on passive trainer or the muscle spasms comes back if I miss more than a couple of days in a row and really stiffen up again (its really painful) so have to do at least 30 mins a day on passive trainer.

Will I never get under 9st 7?

Considering the fact that you're already at such a low weight, it's going to be a lengthy process to lose those last few pounds/kg.

Nothing (as of yet) has been scientifically shown to "target" stomach fat so... you wasted money on that.

If you really want to lose the extra fat around the mid-section, developing muscle really helps. You might end up gaining weight, but in a good way.
  • shakybabe
    Options
    I use weighted wristbands and ankle weights (more to steady limbs) but not very good at keeping hold of things so heavy weights would be dangerous as hands flex involuntarily so unintentionally let go which is why can't use walking aids safely for any length of time.

I guess I'll have to be happy with 60kg! :ohwell:

This was my weight when I was in my 20's though I'm sure I was a size 10-12 then. I can't get lower than 14 in trousers at minute cos of abdomen is still biggest area in proportion to rest of body. Though I do think clothing sizes are smaller and tighter fitting these days! .. jeans waist sizes are misleading as they don't even come up as high as real waist!.. my waist is 30" but cos around tummy is 34" I can't get in 30" waist Levi's as they only actually come to just above my hips! :noway:
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Just read your profile and realised my original suggestion was not great!

Have you tried mixing up your diet? I know sometimes I tend to eat the same old things and I guess it can be easy to get stuck in a rut. Hang in there, I hope the scales start to move!
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I use weighted wristbands and ankle weights (more to steady limbs) but not very good at keeping hold of things so heavy weights would be dangerous as hands flex involuntarily so unintentionally let go which is why can't use walking aids safely for any length of time.

I guess I'll have to be happy with 60kg! :ohwell:

This was my weight when I was in my 20's though I'm sure I was a size 10-12 then. I can't get lower than 14 in trousers at minute cos of abdomen is still biggest area in proportion to rest of body. Though I do think clothing sizes are smaller and tighter fitting these days! .. jeans waist sizes are misleading as they don't even come up as high as real waist!.. my waist is 30" but cos around tummy is 34" I can't get in 30" waist Levi's as they only actually come to just above my hips! :noway:

Have you measured your Levis? I've always found that they run small. According to the Levis website I should fit in medium shirts and jackets yet I can only barely fit into a large. Same with jeans -- I need to get a waist size several inches larger than my actual measurements.
  • shakybabe
    Options
    I didn't know that about Levi's. My goal was 30" waist so got the jeans off ebay as a motivator when was about 10st (in 16's).. can get them up as my thighs are alot leaner now with been on pedals daily for a year, but can't fasten them yet! .. too much tummy in way as they actually fasten around my tummy rather than waist.. I always thought my waist was the narrowest bit where you curve in when you look in mirror?

so had to get another pair but got NEXT jeans in a 14 and they fit really nice... still have the Levi's in suitcase under bed.. was gonna give myself a year to get in them then they go in charity bag!

would still like to lose the extra 3lb was thinking of trying the theory of eating at weight you want to be but eating for 9st (126lbs) to see if that will work to drop last few pounds off quicker?
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    please don't use fat burners they can be dangerous. My brother used them for a long time and ended up with a hole in his stomach ! you need to take things as they come, just keep doing what your doing, you'll lose the 3 lbs eventually, your already at a healthy weight.
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that about Levi's. My goal was 30" waist so got the jeans off ebay as a motivator when was about 10st (in 16's).. can get them up as my thighs are alot leaner now with been on pedals daily for a year, but can't fasten them yet! .. too much tummy in way as they actually fasten around my tummy rather than waist.. I always thought my waist was the narrowest bit where you curve in when you look in mirror?

so had to get another pair but got NEXT jeans in a 14 and they fit really nice... still have the Levi's in suitcase under bed.. was gonna give myself a year to get in them then they go in charity bag!

would still like to lose the extra 3lb was thinking of trying the theory of eating at weight you want to be but eating for 9st (126lbs) to see if that will work to drop last few pounds off quicker?

I have a pair of 32" Levis which JUST fit me... they're actually brand-new women's 501s which I bought 18 or so years ago and never wore, but couldn't bear to throw out when they didn't fit. Dorothy Perkins' size 12 jeans fit me now, but 10s don't (although they don't seem TOO far away from fitting). I don't have any 30" Levis, but I was planning on treating myself to some brand-new Levis once I can get into a size 10 from Dorothy Perkins... hopefully by then 30" Levis will fit too. Thought it might help you for a guide size-wise?

Your waist is just above your belly button -- the narrowest bit, yes... but not many jeans are cut to fit on the waist anymore, most are lower, over your stomach or hips.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Your body gets used to what you eat and the exercises you undertake try mixing things up a bit, eat more fish and chicken which works wonders, change your exercise routine. I know its annoying but please don't use fat burners, if they were any good no one would be overweight.:bigsmile:
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You have reached your target weight which is an achievement in itsself. Unfortunately no matter how much weight we lose our bodies natural shape will remain....I have a small waist but I am in the pear-shaped class lol:wink::laugh:
    So if you manage to lose a little more you will still have that larger waist....If you are in the healthy weight range maybe its time to be satisfied with yourself.
    At the end of the day its your decision but at the weight you are its probably going to take a whol e lot of hard work and fustration to achieve.....GOOD LUCK !!! whatever you decide :drinker: :flowerforyou: