My favorite NSV yet

Options
So we have moved into a new neighborhood about 9 months ago and have sai the friendly hello to neighbors but that is about it. I live in a small town and people here sit on their porches at night. Well I went to get the mail down the street and a lady on her porch tells me I'm doing good or something like that. I look at her and say me? I thought she was talking about how well we have cleaned up the front of our house because of how bad the previous owners let it go. She said yeah we call you the vanishing lady. I'm still a little confused and kinda laugh and she says we didn't want you to think the neighborhood hasn't noticed how all your hard work is paying off, you look great!

So I guess I'm the vanishing lady and I'm more than okay with that :)

Replies

• xNJAx
    xNJAx Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    How lovely! That would have made my day. Make her your new best friend! ;) x
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    That is awesome ! A friend of mine who I haven't seen in a while told me tonight that I look like I was going to blow away in the wind!

Good job ! Nice having that positive feedback.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Thats great, well done and keep up the good work
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! it's such a nice feeling to hear that other people can tell you've been workin' your butt off. Congrats! :)
  • rockyluv88
    rockyluv88 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I do like my neighbors that much more lol
  • owlgoose
    owlgoose Posts: 25
    Options
    My dad asked me what I'd done with the rest of his daughter last week - he's such a sweetie =)
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    LOL that's fantastic!! And a good thing to know that even though the town's talking about you, it's all for good reasons! You go girl :)
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    It's the little things that make you smile...good job.....unless she was a serial killer then we may have a problem....keep me posted.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    What a great nsv! That was sweet!
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Aw, that's really nice! :happy:
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Now that is the correct way to congratulate someone on losing weight. What a nice lady :smile:
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So we have moved into a new neighborhood about 9 months ago and have sai the friendly hello to neighbors but that is about it. I live in a small town and people here sit on their porches at night. Well I went to get the mail down the street and a lady on her porch tells me I'm doing good or something like that. I look at her and say me? I thought she was talking about how well we have cleaned up the front of our house because of how bad the previous owners let it go. She said yeah we call you the vanishing lady. I'm still a little confused and kinda laugh and she says we didn't want you to think the neighborhood hasn't noticed how all your hard work is paying off, you look great!

So I guess I'm the vanishing lady and I'm more than okay with that :)

That is so awesome. I know how this feels bc the other day I had taken my son in to the dentist for his first visit and its the same dentist I have been taking all my kids too for a while. One of the dental assistants knows about my new journey but when she walked out she said "WOW you look amazing, I can not believe how good you look." SHe then said, "I wasn't sure if it was you or not bc half of you is gone!" I was in such shock, my face turned red & I couldn't stop smiling, it was def one of the most amazing moments in my life! It felt so good to hear her say these things & its about me!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Love the name! Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!