hey just wondering...

Options
...if anybody would like a friend on here? I been using the app for nearly a month and have lost 14lb so far. I have a 5 month baby and initially lost 2 stone which was my baby carrying weight within 3 weeks of having her.
I had a c-section so I wasn't moving alot but I am breastfeeding so that helped. Then about 6 weeks ago I realised those jeans were getting tight again and I weighed myself to find I had re-gained a stone! I have now reached that target and so begins the real work.
I am trying to be realistic with the weightloss, I'm not a gym bunny so I walk alot and want to join a Zumba class once baby is 6 months. I am aiming for 179lb as an overall goal, though I would like to be a UK size 16. I think I could maintain that and feel normal and fall into a healthier range.
I use the app everyday and am finding it a great tool to either deter or just make me go for long walks in order to reach those mini goals.
Please feel free to add me.

Replies

• KNJMAMA
    KNJMAMA Posts: 20
    Options
    bump
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to friend me. I lost some weight just after having my little girl.. like around 15 lbs. Then i almost gained it all back by the time my little girl was two months!!

I'm trying to get back into the gym and do some weight lifting. I see so many people on this site not loosing weight necessarily, but loosing inches like crazy and looking fabulous due to weight lifting. I think I'm going to buy NROWL for women as a guide.

P.S. What is a "stone". I see ppl from the UK talk about that all the time, but I have no clue what it means in relationship to weight.
  • Minimooshable
    Options
    A stone is 14lb, stones is how I've always thought of weight but using things like MFP I'm learning to think more in just pounds which can be easier. Though when I say how much I've lost it's easier to say stones!
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, I'm still new to this, wednesday will be the start of 3 weeks for me. I can't afford a gym, and I feel like my body responds better when I strength train and build muscle. I'm at the point where extra money is a little tight because I more need the tires on my car than a set of dumbells etc., so I'm using canned foods, and refilled 32 and 64 oz juice bottles for my weight reps for now. I also use my son for some reps too - he makes for a good bench press weight and he thinks its a hoot. Then for the past 3 weeks I've gone to my mom's house (1.5 hrs away) and used her pool to do laps. walking/ running aggravates me because I don't see the results quick enough to keep me motivated.

I'm still learning about clean eating, and not gung ho on vegetarian, but I'm starting to see a lot of benefits already from sticking mostly with fresh or frozen veggies and meat substitutes - purely because of what the manufacturers are putting in our meats and how they made me feel and the amount of weight I packed on thinking I was eating healthy. I welcome ideas on food and whats quality, and yet still affordable for my overly taxed wallet :blushing:
  • bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and am looking for friends too. Please add me. I have a three year old and a 7 month old. I'm nursing as well so I have to make sure I take in enough calories to keep my 'liquid gold' supply up :) I have weight from two pregancies to loose so I plan to be here for the long haul!
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm here most days logging and usually scroll through my news feed to look for successes and questions.