Couch to 5k app

Options
Hi

Is anyone doing the couch to 5k and, if so, do you use an app? If so, what would you recommend?

Replies

• Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone (don't judge me, it's a work phone!). :tongue:
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I use the 5k runner app
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I *just* started using the Couch to 5k app and I LOVE IT. It's simple, you can still listen to your music on your ipod or iphone Highly recommend.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I listen to the podcasts as I'm doing it. I find it easier than the apps because I never know what music to listen to when running, but that's just me :bigsmile:
  • Hopingforchange
    Options
    I have the C25K pro app for Android. Best $2.50 I have spent. Tomorrow is W3D3
  • MartinaC32
    MartinaC32 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use C25K free. It works great for what I need.
  • mikem45
    mikem45 Posts: 35
    Options
    I just downloaded this app im going to start it on Sunday add me if you want and i will keep you updated how its going.
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Couch to 5k on monday - anticipating a 12 week work up vs the 8 or 9. I didn't know there were apps - what do they do?
  • neffered
    neffered Posts: 1
    Options
    I use RunDouble on my Android - it's a fantastic app, I love it.
  • Always824
    Always824 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just started this week... Week 1 Day 1 completed!

I have the one from zenlabs (C25K) and have it on both my phone (android) and Ipod touch. IDK I downloaded on both just in case my battery dies on my ipod and don't notice before I hit the gym LOL , no excuses. I like zenlabs version because you can be listening to music on your ipod and it will have a voice prompt that says when to run, walk, and even when your at the your half way point. And then you can share your progress on facebook or twitter...

Best of luck when you start... You Got this! :)
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded this app im going to start it on Sunday add me if you want and i will keep you updated how its going.

Thanks Mike!
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I use the app couch-to-5k by active.com. I think the app was free or a buck or two.

I love it, you can play your own music with it and you can post your workout to facebook if you want. It also has gps and tracks how far you run.

I'm on week 9 and run my first 5k race on 6/16.

Good luck! I've never been a runner and now I can run 5k in about 34 min!
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it today and was wondering which app to download as well. Thanks for posting this thread!!
  • TiffanyAching
    TiffanyAching Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    NHS podcasts.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I did Ease into 5K; it's free and 0.99 for the gps which is useful for outside. It lets you listen to whatever music be it itunes ir pandora. It's 8 weeks not 9 weeks. Love it and completing it tomorrow. Doing their counterpart Bridge to 10K next week.
  • brightpebbles89
    brightpebbles89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    heya, i use couch to 5k app for iphone, i love it! if you get stuck on a level you just do it again till your satisfied ( or if you cheated the first time :P), feel free to add me help you threw it :)
  • pollard775
    pollard775 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Can you use the app if you are 30 pounds overweight?
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

Are overweight people not allowed to run? Of course you can; it's geared for everyone. There are alot of people on here that use it. Search the threads I do believe there are groups following each other.
  • brightpebbles89
    brightpebbles89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    its awesome if you are over weight it increases slowly and doesn't start out too hard so you don't want to quit after the first time :)
  • pollard775
    pollard775 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Are overweight people not allowed to run? Of course you can; it's geared for everyone. There are alot of people on here that use it. Search the threads I do believe there are groups following each other.

LOL! I just always had this mantra- no running until I get under 200. (17 lbs until then) I thought it would be to hard on the knees.