What should my caloric intake be?

Options
I've been losing weight, but only about half a pound to a 1lb a week and I'd like to be losing about 1.5-2lbs. Here is my status...

Weight: 212
Height: 5'2.5
BF: 28.08%
Activity Level: I average about 60 minutes a day of exercise
Calorie intake as of now: about 1400 (sometimes ill eat 100-200 exercise calories back, but seldomly)

How many calories should I be taking in?

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I've been losing weight, but only about half a pound to a 1lb a week and I'd like to be losing about 1.5-2lbs. Here is my status...

Calorie intake as of now: about 1400 (sometimes ill eat 100-200 exercise calories back, but seldomly)

It sounds like you've developed a good system. Why don't you try not eating back any calories and lowering your calories to 1350 for a few weeks? Are you weighing and measuring your food? Do you wear a heart rate monitor during cardio and are staying at an appropriate level of intensity for most of your workout?
  • candiliza
    candiliza Posts: 77
    Options

It sounds like you've developed a good system. Why don't you try not eating back any calories and lowering your calories to 1350 for a few weeks? Are you weighing and measuring your food? Do you wear a heart rate monitor during cardio and are staying at an appropriate level of intensity for most of your workout?

I very rarely eat them back now, more like once in a blue moon lol. I just got a polar ft4 yesterday to use so I'm unsure if I was hitting my zone before now, and yes, I measure and count all my food. thanks for the suggestion!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

What does this site give you for your TDEE?

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

Deduct 20% will give you a good starting point. 1400 sounds a bit low if you are doing 60 mins exercise a day.
  • candiliza
    candiliza Posts: 77
    Options

What does this site give you for your TDEE?

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

Deduct 20% will give you a good starting point. 1400 sounds a bit low if you are doing 60 mins exercise a day.

It says 2159 with the -20%