Christmas Vacation Destination! Please give opinions!

Options
cspong
cspong Posts: 260 Member
My husband, 1 year old daughter and I are thinking of spending Christmas away from home (Hamilton, Ontario).

We've looked into doing a cruise or going somewhere warm, but we decided to keep it more traditional and go for a winter wonderland type thing.

Does anyone know of a destination that would make for an awesome, wintery, very Christmas-y Christmas destination (in the US or Canada)?

Replies

• long4theocean
    long4theocean Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think a cruise is always a great idea when it is cold out. This is something that a lot of families do together for the holidays. As for Canada, what about Victoria, BC. It is a beautiful city with mild weather.

I actually sell travel and also see you are from Hamilton. I have a customer from Hamilton.
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hawaii baby! Lol.

Just kidding. I heard New York City is beautiful and very Christmas-y during the holidays.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    probably Colorado would be nice.
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Mackinac Island (michigan)
    Mackinac.com
    no cars allowed on the island, they have horse drawn carriages.
    they celebrate Christmas like there's no tomorrow! LOL i saw it on a tv show, and it was so amazingly beautiful (actually--any time of year)

Also, if you want warmer weather, Disney World (Orlando FL) is beautiful for Christmas. Disney turns into a Christmas Wonderland, and its just magical! I went, and i have friends that still go every year, in early to mid December, and it is just great!

Good Luck in finding the perfect place :smile:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i had a friend who spent xmas at disney a few years ago - she LOVED it