Need to know calories - help!

Options
How many calories do you think I burned in an hours time cleaning my shower (walls, glass doors and tub). This was like a really good scrubbing, not just the normal weekly sort of thing. I just don't know how to judge it. I put it 60 minutes and the tracker showed I think 191 calories----does that should right? If so, my shower might just get that deep down a little more often.

Thank you for your input and have a great, healthy lifestyle kinda day!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't add cleaning to my log. That's just me.
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That sounds inaccurate. I'd Google cleaning calories burned and see what you find.
  • FriendsR4EverTreasures
    Options
    Not sure I would recommend logging "normal" day to day activity, MFP already does that for you based on how you choose it. For example, I chose sedentary because I don't feel I do really strenuous work during the day. I wouldn't log cleaning, but it's a personal preference I guess. Do what's right for you and keep track for a few weeks and see if logging it as exercise influences your weightloss. ;)
  • subtractionproject
    subtractionproject Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't count cleaning either, and this is coming from someone who was a professional cleaner for an entire summer. If you don't log it, you get an extra mysterious little weight loss boost and you're not tempted to eat back 'exercise' calories. Just like I don't count walking to work as an exercise, just a part of life.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I factor cleaning into my normal daily routine, which is part of why I'm set at lightly active. (This setting turns out to be just above my BMR.)