Help! I have fallen off!

Options
About two months ago I started making a conscious effort to eat healthier and work out on a regular. The first month and a half I was doing great! I felt great! I recently started a new job that requires me to work afternoon shift. I don't get off until 12mid. When I get off work I want FOOD! Unhealthy foods at that. I have started back going to fast food restaurants or grabbing chips and candy bars at the gas stations. Now, it has gotten to the point that I am not even eating healthy anymore during the day. I also only work out on the weekends (when i am off work), I was use to working out during the afternoon because I go to school in the mornings/ early afternoon. I want to nip this in the bud ASAP, but I don't know how to stop the midnight cravings. If anyone has any suggestions, please share them with me. I have came too far to go back to not taking care of my body.

Replies

• nicolettekee
    Options
    Iv found myself in the same situation. My husband had surgery a few weeks ago so he's been home. Since he doesn't ha
    ve to get up in the mornings he stays up late. I find myself sometimes staying up too. I went yesterday and bough some 100 calorie snacks for those late nightcravings.also, after i had my son four years ago i ..did the low carb diet..my hubby was deployed and i was working and going to school so i was eating out all the time but that doest mean i didn't eat healthy by ordering salads
    with my meals instead of ff. Most a places like bk and mcDonald u can get a side salad instead of ff with the combos. Or some fastfood places have wraps. I feel it has nothing to do with eating out all the time ..but what u order when u do. I lost sixty pounds then and i ate out all the time. I hope this helps a little. As far as exercising im having issue with that also. Hard to find time with the kids.You can do!!!! :)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? What are your calories set at? Maybe too low and your famished.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

Come on over here and check out this group if you can! No starvation necessary...which makes making good decisions a LOT easier.:flowerforyou:
  • afritzler1
    Options
    hey! i was reading an article about boredom and stress and how they relate to cravings and it sounds like that may be what your going through! its somethign i experience all the time and it is not fun. also remember that it has nothing to do with your will power or how much you want to eat/be healthy. why you are bored/stressed your body releases a "hunger" hormone that makes you think you are starving! also since sugar/fat/and salt trigger pleasure receptors in your braing when you are bored or stressed thats what your body craves! i have a few suggestions! drink water all day ev ery day. it helps you stay/feel fuller longer! snack on healthy things throughout the day so that you never physically reallly get to that starving point. and when your body is telling you that a huge salad wont be enough to fill you up and that you should probably go to burger king remember that its the hormones talking!!! when your stomache is full your body recognizes it and tells you to stop eating. wether its veggies or burgers you can only eat so much! i talk to myself outloud sometimes and remind myself that my body is fibbing! and once i fill up on slow burning healthy food i feel like a million dollars with tons of energy instead of tired and lazy! (which is how i feeel when i fill up on junk!) dont worry girl everyone slips! just just back on the band wagon!!!

ps: try carrying healthy snacks in your purse/car etc. so that your can grab them when your body starts telling you to go to the drive through!!!

-ashlii!

(*kitten* if you want)
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I would eat a healthy snack at work sometime between dinner time and when you leave, something like almonds, fruit, granola, etc. Maybe that will curb your cravings! I work 24 hour shifts so I know what you're going through... when we're up in the middle of the night it's often hard to ignore a hungry tummy. I keep fruit at the station, about three pieces of fruit for each shift, and give myself a few options (ie. a pink apple, a green apple, and an orange). I also keep large bottle of zero-calorie sparkling beverages in my locker and I drink those when I have sweet cravings.
  • Rahneene
    Rahneene Posts: 14
    Options
    Most a places like bk and mcDonald u can get a side salad instead of ff with the combos. Or some fastfood places have wraps. I feel it has nothing to do with eating out all the time ..but what u order when u do. I lost sixty pounds then and i ate out all the time.

This is so true! If I do stop and get me something to eat from a ff restaurant, I will look at the healthier choices! Thanks!
  • Rahneene
    Rahneene Posts: 14
    Options
    I never really thought about stress and boredom being a factor, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense! Sometimes I do say "I want me something sweet...to heck with the healthy stuff". I do need to realize that this is just the hormones talking and if I am truly hungry, I can have a nice snack that will work just fine!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Make up a sandwich the night before or before you leave for work, and pack a banana or some sort of fruit, or a tub of cottage cheese, or even a piece of cheese like feta, and take it with you would be my advice. Take things with you so you will be able to fill up on healthy foods and that will take the urge for fast food away.