For those who have succeeded in loosing the last 10 lbs...

Options
I'm down to my last 10 lbs. I know it's going to take a long of patience for me to loose them but I want to know for those who already lost their last 10 lbs, what worked for you??

Replies

• amehime
    amehime Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady.....small deficit, heavy lifting, patience. :)
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    A very small deficit. Having a very good idea of what my maintenence level was. Actually creating my deficit fully by exercise (eating over my sedentary maintence amount). Sticking with it and not giving up. No cheating.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I'm down to my last 10 lbs. I know it's going to take a long of patience for me to loose them but I want to know for those who already lost their last 10 lbs, what worked for you??

A small caloric deficit (0.5lbs/week weight loss goal or 10-15% below TDEE), strength training and adequate protein to ensure the loss is fat and not muscle.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    how long have your last 10 taken? i've been working on mine for the last 3 months and the scale just bounces +3/-3. deficit, lifting, check, check.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Changed my weight loss goal (setting) from lose 1.0 lb. per week to lose 0.5 lbs. per week.
    Lifting HEAVY weights 3 days per week with a day of rest in between.
    Different cardio workouts 3-4 days per week.
    Eliminated alcohol entirely.
    Reduced my carb intake slightly (from 50% to 45% of total daily calories).
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    how long have your last 10 taken? i've been working on mine for the last 3 months and the scale just bounces +3/-3. deficit, lifting, check, check.

At the point when you get to your "last 10 pounds," you may not see the scale weight move. It is better to measure your progress by how you look in the mirror, how your clothes fit, and by measuring your body fat %....especially if you are lifting heavy.
  • susanne181818
    Options

I've been working at it for 2 months, I bounce around +4 -3 pounds also. I just started weight training, as I was told by a personal trainer. And also, go by measurements!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yes. At this point I'm losing weight verrrryyyyy slowly in the last 5 pounds, but I keep losing inches when I take my measurements every couple of weeks as well as having an ever lower body fat percentage. At this point, it almost doesn't matter what the scale says because I'm seeing significant results using other measures.
  • waldo56
    Options

Chances are your defict is either too big or too small.

Last 10 took me about 4 months.

The other thing is that my weight started drastically fluctuating as I got lower and lower. I became extremely sensitive to carbs (glycogen) on the scale. But this isn't a bad thing, the scale's movements aren't fat, but be aware of it. If you become easily devastated by the scale, the last 10 lbs are going to be brutal on your mental health.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    Calorie cycling/zig-zagging was the only way that I could get it to come off.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Patience and perseverance.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was a small deficit of 0.5 lb/week and lots of patience.
  • meredithashton
    meredithashton Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose my last 10 pounds to get to my UGW. I can't seem to get the scale to move. I think that some of the suggestions in this thread are good. I know that if I limited my carbs and cut out alcohol that I could probably lose the weight, but I am young (24) and I love hanging out and having drinks with friends. I love cardio, but strength training is very difficult for me (I find it very boring and never know if I am doing at the right weight, # of reps, etc).

If anyone wants to add me as a friend....we can help eachother with the last 10 pounds!

Orrrr if you fancy yourself a fitness guru and want to take on a novice, I would love the advice.

Good luck with the last 10! We can do this.
  • wendyapple
    Options

blargh. tdee = 2400. i gained at 1800. i gained at 1650. i gained at 1590. i'm now at 1450 and won't go lower. i literally can not imagine losing at 1900+.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Weight may not be the best goal. Maybe concentrate on how your clothes fit and feel. You may be at the point now where you are replacing fat with muscle and may not actually lose much if any more weight.

That being said, when I started running I dropped weight fast. Now, because I actually enjoy running, I have to track calories to make sure I don't lose any more weight.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

blargh. tdee = 2400. i gained at 1800. i gained at 1650. i gained at 1590. i'm now at 1450 and won't go lower. i literally can not imagine losing at 1900+.

If your TDEE is 2400, you would not be able to gain unless you ate over 2400. So something in your calc is way off, or your are eating more than you think you are or burning less then you think you are, or have a thyroid or other hormone issue.
  • waldo56
    Options

Every time my weight loss stopped I increased my intake by 250 cal/day and it got going again.

But I calculated my BMR/TDEE (really just one number) from results. Daily weigh-ins, tracking the week to week change of a weighted moving average of those weigh-ins and reconciling that info with my calorie in/out.

How long did you gain? Increasing intake would be expected to cause a weight bump for a bit. If your daily burn is 2400 and you are truly into the last 10, I highly doubt that you will lose anything eating less than 2000-2100 calories.
  • ediblepotential
    Options
    Leaving 2-3 extra bites on my plate, at every meal & snack.
  • wendyapple
    Options

Every time my weight loss stopped I increased my intake by 250 cal/day and it got going again.

But I calculated my BMR/TDEE (really just one number) from results. Daily weigh-ins, tracking the week to week change of a weighted moving average of those weigh-ins and reconciling that info with my calorie in/out.

How long did you gain? Increasing intake would be expected to cause a weight bump for a bit. If your daily burn is 2400 and you are truly into the last 10, I highly doubt that you will lose anything eating less than 2000-2100 calories.

i've been steadily gaining over the last 2 months. measurements are up too. tdee feels accurate, i'm using a bmf and the online calculator matches. kinda feel like i hijacked this thread. sorry, OP. i'm looking for success tips too!