eat stop eat

Has anyone had success with this program, and if so, how much and how often do you lift?

Replies

• amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Never heard of it, im going to google it. Lol
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    o.0 isn't that what you do everyday anyway?
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Check the Intermittent Fasting group on here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/49-intermittent-fasting
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    There is a group for Intermittent fasting.

I would suggest you post your questions there. Here you will get"dont do it . Starvation mode. You will diieeeeeeee"
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    I do ESE 2-4 times per month and love it. It really is easy to not eat for a day! I have noticed that it does make nutrition partitioning better I do believe especially with a moderate carb diet.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    I do Eat Stop Eat 1-2 times a week. I have been doing that since more than a year back. It works great. In fact it is when I don't do it that I have much more difficulty sticking to what I should be eating. The e-book is well worth the purchase price, and Brad gives perpetual free updates whenever he updates the book.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    I do Eat Stop Eat 1-2 times a week. I have been doing that since more than a year back. It works great. In fact it is when I don't do it that I have much more difficulty sticking to what I should be eating. The e-book is well worth the purchase price, and Brad gives perpetual free updates whenever he updates the book.

Agreed!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Thanks guys I joined the group. I'm finding its much easier than I thought it would be.
  • rileysowner
    The only time I find it hard is when I do not have enough sleep. When I sleep well it is so easy it is amazing. Having said that, for some people it is not like that. It is not for everyone, although I am guessing some people who find it hard the first time simply need to give it more of a chance. Basically Brad's criteria is that if you don't have any health issues that would prevent this, namely metabolic issues like diabetes or hypoglycemia, there should be no danger doing it.
  • mollyW2012
    mollyW2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Haven't tried it, but have heard about it. Am considering it.....Let me know how it works for you.
  • I'm doing Eat Stop Eat since November. I'm a tall young man and it helped cleared my back of pimples, I don't get sick anymore, I'm more focused when I do my homework, and I'm starting to see my abs :happy: It's really the easiest way to go. I did a review on my blog http://perfectbodyreview.com/eat-stop-eat-review/ if you guys are interested to learn more about it :smile:
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    I'm interested in this as well, ill be watching to comments
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    I do another version of IF called leangains. Check out leangains.com for more info.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    I use Leangains as well its much easier to follow IMO. Good luck~
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    quick question. can you have as much water as you want when you are fasting? Also i heard you can have (or at least someone said) you can have your morning coffee.
  • rileysowner
    You can have any non-calorie drink. Black Coffee, tea, water. I tend to focus mainly on drinking as much water as I want. Usually I will have at least 120 ounces of water.
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    remember that you don't have to drink 120oz of water. If you drink Herbal Tea, Coffee, Gatorade, Water....they all add up. The 120oz mark is not restricted to just water alone. However, for days you are fasting, stick to water or some other calorie free drink.

As an FYI, i use it to "cut". ie, i'll eat above my calorie levels for 3 weeks and then add-in fasting for 2 x 24hr periods over the next week (Eat Stop Eat method), or do 16hrs fast, 8hr feed (16/8 lean gains format).....so i'll eat everything for the day from 9am through till 5pm, after that nothing until 9am next day.

As I don't crave food, or get hungry, either one is easy to follow, and in talking with a few others, its more about getting your arms around mentally, and not succumbing to the clock telling its 12', time to eat lunch. Using this 3/1 method (as i call it), it helps me gain/keep muscle, while keep body fat % in check.

Also on fasting days, i can workout or not....no lack of energy experienced. Weight lost is anywhere from 1.5 - 3.0lbs each time....most of it is water, and returns the next day, but the net gain is about .5lbs of fat each time, with no loss of muscle.....do I look like i'm in "Starvation Mode"?

Note:
    I've read the book several times...I find it very interesting. The book is 180 pages, with 18 pages of references!