I ran my first 5k trail run today!!! =)

Options
KyliAnnHobson
KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
And it felt amazing! I just completed C25K and have discovered that I LOVE running! I had never ran before in my life prior to C25K so this is just crazy that I love something that I always assumed I hated! lol The run was a lot more difficult than I anticipated, steep inclines and gravel, but I had so much fun, especially because it benefited my local humane society and there were a lot of doggies that ran, too!

Here are some pics from the race!
vO3bgl.jpg
eujVPl.jpg
Tjd9bl.jpg

Oh, and this was me 11 months ago..
9cb8dl.jpg

I've lost 67 lbs with MFP and I couldn't be happier! :happy:

I forgot to mention that I finished in 28:19, give or take a second. I'm waiting for them to post my official time and placing on their website! And, I already signed up for my next 5k on June 16th! :smile:

Replies

• christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! It's an amazing to find something that you love and are able to stick with! Way to go on all of your accomplishments! You look great!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Great pictures ....... congrats on the run ..... you look happy !
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo...must have been an amazing feeling. Congrats.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    AWESOME :D
  • BEMND
    BEMND Posts: 33
    Options
    That's great! I have my first 5k at the end of the month. I'm just praying I can "run" the whole thing (& not be last)!
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    keep it up! Running is so much fun! Look at that smile on your face.. you look so happy!
  • itsmedicinalbacon
    Options
    very happy for you!! congrats!! keep it up for sure!!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    BEST NSV EVER!!!!!!!!!!
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great and look look like you are enjoying the run! Great pics and you've really changed from frist pic to the race! Amazing!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Great work -- you're an inspiration!
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing and you also looked like you had a lot of fun. Trail running is incredible. I have done both trails and roads and hands down, trails are far better. Keep up the incredible work :happy:
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Wow you look like a Pro! This is such an amazing accomplishment. Your before and afters are just amazing!
  • slinne
    slinne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are looking great!
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Grats on your accomplishments! That is awesome! Doing some good for both yourself and the doggies :happy: I need to see if my local humane society has a race now.
  • hopeandlove91
    hopeandlove91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so great! I am hoping by this time next summer I will be able to run a 5K. Congrats again!!!! You are an inspiration :)
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Running rocks!
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Very inspiring :flowerforyou:
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    KUDOS TO YOU!! That is amazing! You should feel so proud!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Thrilled for you. And you look smashing!
  • BeautyofNature
    Options
    That's Amazing!! Congratulations! You look wonderful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!