Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Apple Cider Vinegar - Does it work?

Hi
I've heard that consuming roughly 30 mls of cider vinegar a day can help suppress your appetite and increase your metabolism rate. Is this a myth?! Have any of you guys tried it?

Replies

• jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Must... resist... Satan. Yeah, I don't think it works. Whew! I made it.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    I remember reading that vinegar does help reduce your blood glucose level, and is useful to diabetics. But, I don't remember anything about it affecting your appetite or metabolism.
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    A co-worker came in with organic apple cider vinegar and got a bunch of us to do 'shots' with her each morning... can't say if it really made a difference in my appetite, but it sure did burn the hell outta my throat! I'll say, some folks swear by it though...
  • jacqui250
    jacqui250 Posts: 53
    Well I've "googled" it and not sure, lots of different versions of the pros and cons. Who knows I might give it ago, taking heed of the cons of course ;-))
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    I Took the ACV tablets for a few months and i did thinks it reduced the amount of water you hold on to but it did no affect my appetite,
    anyway i finished with them when i was stuck for cash but i did not notice any change without them so i stopped now...
  • Bdosen047
    Bdosen047 Posts: 13 Member
    I took it for about 6 months, I mixed it with hot water and honey. I didn't notice it as a appetite suppressant, it really helped me with acid indigestion though. So if you are just taking it to aid with weight loss I wouldn't suggest it, and never take it straight or let it hit your teeth, (I used a straw).
  • MicaelaFW
    MicaelaFW Posts: 63
    vinegar is a natural anti-fungal... as far as weight loss goes, http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/apple-cider-vinegar-for-weight-loss/AN01816 this may help you... I like the mayo clinic advice
  • Some of the reviews at this site suggest people did lose weight. You don`t have to take it in liquid form, you can also get powder or capsules.

http://www.zooscape.com/cgi-bin/maitred/GreenCanyon/questc100134