Losing weight too fast??

Ohawk
Ohawk Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, I was really excited about starting the fitness pal program! I have had the same 15 nagging lbs for years now, so I set my plan up to where I would lose 1.5lbs/week. Since I've begun the program (07/10/2009) I have lost a total of 10lbs! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about this, I've been sticking to the plan and putting in the work, BUT it does leave me wondering... is this solid fat or water weight? and if solid fat, isn't this kind of drastic/ unhealthy?

---livi :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Demetria
    Demetria Posts: 178
    So 10lbs in 21 days, is that right? So that's about 3lbs a week, which is over the recommended 2lbs per week. Are you eating all of your calories like you should be including exercise calories? How drastically did you change your diet? Was it a high sodium before? How are you working out? Hopefully it is just a combination of water and fat. If your are somehow burning muscle that is not good. I would suggest seeing a doc or nutritionist, personal trainer to check you out. HTH

Demetria
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    In the beginning of my diet I lost several pounds a week, and other MFP-ers assured me it was water weight and that my weight loss would stabilize. It did, and I am now losing about 2 pounds a week instead of the 5 I was in the beginning. I really wouldn't worry about it too much unless you continue to rapidly lose weight for an extended period of time. When in doubt, check with your physician.

Congrats on the 10 pounds! Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    I dumped a ton of weight in the beginning. It took a good month and a half or more for it to slow to a normal pace. It may have been just "water weight" as they say ... but it sure made me feel better. Carrying around pounds of fat or pounds of water still has an affect on your joints etc. so to me a loss is a loss no matter what it is. Yay for you!!! Congratulations on your 10 lb. loss!!!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    In the beginning of my diet I lost several pounds a week, and other MFP-ers assured me it was water weight and that my weight loss would stabilize. It did, and I am now losing about 2 pounds a week instead of the 5 I was in the beginning. I really wouldn't worry about it too much unless you continue to rapidly lose weight for an extended period of time. When in doubt, check with your physician.

Congrats on the 10 pounds! Keep up the good work! :drinker:

I totally agree dont get use to it :grumble: :grumble: it will slow trust me most likely itz water weight:grumble:
  • i would just see what happens when you hit your goal of 15. If your doing everything right, which is sounds like you are, then I wouldn't worry too much. Good job! I wish mine would come off that easy! :)
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Ok, I was really excited about starting the fitness pal program! I have had the same 15 nagging lbs for years now, so I set my plan up to where I would lose 1.5lbs/week. Since I've begun the program (07/10/2009) I have lost a total of 10lbs! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about this, I've been sticking to the plan and putting in the work, BUT it does leave me wondering... is this solid fat or water weight? and if solid fat, isn't this kind of drastic/ unhealthy?

---livi :flowerforyou:

I'm soo jealous! Keep up the great work! My last 10 will NOT come off! It's bben a year. Any words of advice?
  • SShay832001
    SShay832001 Posts: 11 Member
    I lost probably 13 pounds the 1st month and another 14 the second month, but I have realized that I am working harder (exercising more) to lose the weight now. Also, my diet before was horrible, high in everything, I didn't realize how bad I really did eat! Now I tend to stay at a platue for a week and then drop 3-4 lbs. I have lost a total of 27lbs since June 2......I feel great! So I would say keep it up!
This discussion has been closed.