almost 6 weeks out of surgery...

Options
Hi all

need some support and motivation. I had major abdominal surgery a month and 1/2 ago - I had two procedures done, both of which would have required 6 to 8 weeks rest.

I have not done any exercises, obviously, due to the pain and stitches, and since my appetite was so spotty, I ate what gave me comfort. I have not really gained any weight, but I need to ease back into logging here and using my fitbit...

any words of encouragement would be helpful - yesterday was the first day I logged my food diary and I did go over by 300 calories. And that was with me WATCHING what I ate - lol. Goodness knows what my caloric intake was for the last 6 weeks, but I think because my body is still burning up calories by healing itself, that is why I have not gained weight from my pre-surgery checkin.

Replies

• Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Last year I had surgery.. and it went better then I expected... l was unable to eat anything but icies and water... My doctor encouraged me to workout a few days after the procedure. I was scared that I would pop a staple and my incision.

Looking back I can say that I should have listened to the doctor.

Start off with small 20 min walks. Don't rush just go slow.. It will help.. And before you know it you will be running circles around people.

I hope everything goes well. And keep us posted on your progress.