Jogging success

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I've recently started jogging and walking (working my way up to full jogging). Wednesday when I went out last, I jogged for 17 minutes interspersed with 23 minutes of walking. I just got back today, and I was able to jog for 22 minutes with 18 minutes of walking. It looks like I'm increasing the jogging time. In fact, the first jog today was 6 minutes straight. Just wanted to share with people who would understand.

Replies

• RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I understand, believe me. Keep it up, and you'll be doing 5k soon.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!

make SURE you stretch and have the right shoes. I messed up my knees from sheer stupidity or ignorance actually.

Stretch before and after...........dont forget.

So great you are moving so fast!! WOOT!!!!
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I really really understand! I'm still trying to do that. Congradulations on that milestone.

I listen to "I'll alright" by Kennhy Logins to keep jogging! :laugh:
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! It takes a lot of hard work to make it where you are! I just got back from a 30 minute jog on lunch!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    How Exciting!!!

I've just started the Couch 2 5K program, so I'm hoping in a couple of weeks I'll be able to share my success too.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Good for you!:flowerforyou: Keep it up!
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    That's great! You must be a natural. I've been trying to jog for ages and never got past 4 mintues (with double the walking in between). I think maybe some of us are better walkers lol. Congrats and keep up the good work! (And let me know if there's some secret to it)
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Thanks! There's no secret. I just like to tell myself I will jog until I get to such-and-such point. If get there and I'm still okay, I go a little further. I actually write the times on my arm as I go. LOL
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Congrats Amy!!!

Pretty soon you'll be running like the wind...... :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!